Thread: Stealing The Network - anyone played with ndos?

Stealing The Network - anyone played with ndos?

Hi,

I was browsing around the net and I stumbled across Fyodor's chapter from "Stealing The Network: How To Own A Continent" - which he put up for free on his site about one and a half years ago. You can view the chapter here.

I was just wondering if anyone had come across Fyodor's ndos tool (mentioned in the article, and in this interview). It looks quite interesting, so I wanted to hear some opinions on it (if there are any!)

Thanks,

-jk

hmmm, so from what i gather. Ndos i a denial of service program that can disable a website/corporation from one box? rofl

I own the earlier book "stealing the network: how to own the box" and to tell you the truth i had to skip past most of the stories....

but, i think fyodor created a "similar" ndos, put is portrayed to sound better for the book.

p.s. if this "so called" ndos hit the web, all skript-kiddie hell would break loose lol

Yeh it really would be chaos - but I'm not sure how one box could disable a website using it, which is why I was asking. I'm just trying to figure out how it would work without using any zombies or something like that (but from the 'options' in the story, this isn't a possibility).

Curious?

This Ndos tool sounds pretty interesting, so I googled it to see what I could find.

The best definition I could find of it was as Network Denial Of Service tool. Is this the same definition?

I did find the following PDF from Georgetown. It seems to give some good explainations of how it might be possible and what the future holds for such an attack. But is this the same method that Fyodor is talking about? It seems to be.

I'm just trying to figure out how it would work without using any zombies or something like that
    That is all I can seem to offer on the topic, but am very curious about it!

-Deeboe
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

http://tazforum.**********.com/

I read an interview with Fyodor where he stated that he had indeed written nDos, but that he would not release it since he could not see that the benefits outweighed the risk. I would assume that it's quite old though, as it was possible to DoS a lot of old equipment with only one host.

Deeboe - Thank you! I did actually see that PDF, and I downloaded it, but I still haven't read it (haven't had time) - but now that you've mentioned it, I'll look at it!

Kjelltr - Is the interview you're talking about the one I linked to in my first post, perchance? Please read before you post...

Kjelltr - Is the interview you're talking about the one I linked to in my first post, perchance? Please read before you post...
    [/B]
    DOH! I actually did not see your post at all, I saw Modderfokker's post as the first one.
    I must have hit the scroll wheel by accident or something.

Off to hide in the corner now....