Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World of Warcraft

World of Warcraft

I know this is not to security based but i was wondering why blizzard did not include a single player mode so I could plan my characters. Is it based on they were getting hacked too much in diablo 2 ect... or is it just plain greed? You decide.

You may or may not have noticed that WoW is a MMORPG. Let us find out what this means

MMORPG stand for Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.

Key here are the words Massive Multiplayer Online.

Some research will tell you that MMO's are a genre on their own. Previous games include but are not limited too EQ,FFXI,GW(debatable)EQ2. You will notice one recurring theme MMO's are ment to be played with lots of people. Lots of people are only found online. Therefor the Online is automatically made part of the genre.

If you think OMGWTF do i care about MMO's. How much fun do you think you will have going into dungeons alone. dungeons even the smallest take 5 (five) people (not accounting for special cases and solo running low lvl dungeons) the whole game and i do mean the WHOLE game revolves around Multiplayer.

You might argue that you can solo your way to lvl 60. Yes you can, but is it intended, I think not.

Next up, why did Tetris not have a option to play against 15 other players at the same time.
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?

I really can't think of a WoW with a single player option... it sounds pretty weird. hooray for me an anti-online noob!

Actually i wouldn't of minded if they did happen to have a signle player option available.
    I mean you pay so much for there product, they could at least make an attempt to please everyone outside the circle.

cheers
    front2back

BIOS Bomber
    heh theres so many hacks for diablo 2 for single andsingle online. i didnt even have to pay for a copy or a cd key good times and still fun
    "When in doubt, use Brute Force."

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

BIOS Bomber
    uh allen im not acting **** i told you what i did and i still have the software on my PC that does it. and it easy to do that stuff on there. i do it all the time for gaming. ill even send the links when i get home.
    "When in doubt, use Brute Force."

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

/me is missing something. Anyways, my friend plays that game.. he says it's worth the cost to play it.. blah. LMAO @ tetris multiplayer.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Yeah I hardly recognise my son the "hermit" since he got the game he's been in that room for days,no sun whatsoever, he's played it for so long he's at level 60, and has been waiting patiently for the next round of batches and updates.(Apparently they will be increasing the levels by 10)...I thought him playing Socom was intensive, but this game is brutal.....me I am still stuck playing Civ 3, which I don't mind at all....( I like all the Sid Meir's games)

but I agree, if a new player wanted to learn the game a single player mode would be useful, cause from what I have seen, newbies are fresh meat when they join the multiplayer version.....
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Yeah, but that's the case with any multiplayer game though. The longer you've played, the better you'll be (obviously).
    Space For Rent.. =]

i really don't think a single palyer mode would be too good. Like already said the game was made to be a MMORPG, NOT an RPG that you can play online with others such as Diablo. I don't play WoW but i do play FFXI. If they were to make a single palyer option it would be pretty darn hard. You get to a point in the game where you can't even solo anything the checks as decent challenge and eventually not even easy prey. Heck some of the monsters are lvl 80-95 when the char cap is lvl 75. They made it to be an online game, it should stay that way.
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin