Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Popular screen savers help

Originally posted here by dalek
    viperbo21

Ask Leo

I would love to see a HJT log from your PC, the site listed in that image of yours ak.imgfarm is listed in my HOSTS file, won't let me on it, which tells me, that it is a site to avoid....and I would recommend doing number 4 from nihil's post....

What is the BHO (Browser Helper Object) you are using or the name of the plugin,if it's anything like coolwebsearch or mywebsearch, you need to clean up.......
    Whats HJT? As for the spyware I got FunWeb, FunWebProducts, MyWebSearch blah blah

Whats HJT? As for the spyware I got FunWeb, FunWebProducts, MyWebSearch blah blah
    Then your best bet would be to euthanise your PC, cause obviously you don't care whats in it.

W32/Funweb.A (Virus)

FunWebProducts is an application that gets installed on your internet explorer toolbar. This product will track your internet surfing activity and send this information back to their servers. While they claim to not have any personnal information, this will slow down your internet connection.

What FunWebProducts actually does - as do a lot of other adware and spyware products - is to make it difficult to uninstall the software as well as hijack your browser by setting your home page to point to other sites. Worse still, FunWebProducts attempts to reset the browser home page should you dare to try to change it.

Mywebsearch

My Web Search also known as the My Way Speedbar is the Internet Explorer toolbar part of the Fun Web Products suite of utilities such as Smiley Central, Cursor Mania, My Mail Stationary, My Mail Signature, PopSwatter, Popular Screensavers, and the My Way website portal. The toolbar allows easy access to search engine results and a 404 Error Redirector called My Total Search among other things to your browser. This is not to be confused with the IBIS Web Search toolbar.

Read This

How did I get Infected

How to do a Highjack This Log Tutorial

Only if you are interested..................
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

"Then your best bet would be to euthanise your PC, cause obviously you don't care whats in it."
    Woah I wouldnt go that far! I know all about spyware, adware, and malware and virilii i'm pretty good with computers for 17 year old.

So I take it from this, that you don't worry about what's on your PC, in fact you can live with this malware on your box, and that it doesn't interfere with any of your other programs???

If as you say, you are familiar with "Spyware" etc, then how is it your not familiar with the term "HJT", youv'e never seen this anywhere in your browsing, espescailly when trying to understand "Spyware"? Imo I find this hard to believe.......

Take the advice given and move on.........
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

I never liked Hi jack its not as user friendly as ad-aware and spybot. I was going to remove the spyware as soon as I got the pics. Anyways I already know that the software is infested, I just want help with my original problem and not this.

BIOS Bomber
    Then your best bet would be to euthanise your PC, cause obviously you don't care whats in it.
    well from the replies so far it shows
    "When in doubt, use Brute Force."

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

May have to be moved to tech humor:

Now, This is a half flame / joke coming from someone who said to me "If you're going to freak out over tracking cookies you might as well disconnect all your machines from the net and not go online at all because EVERY WEB SITE HAS SPYWARE"....

Should put you on bash.org Mandraketux... And not to mention "I'm 16 so no one can steal my identity and do anything with it"..

And not to forget "Well the spyware from that site is only so it can help you find a faster server to connect to"... Lol.

Just thought it was funny you're telling him how you agree with him when you're the same...lol.

could i suggest that you maybe cut your loses, and just format, and do a fresh install cause that's the only way you will truly get full control of your box again..

and with this .wmf exploit going around, i wouldn't be trying so hard about grabbing the pictures, as there most likely not only packing a whole lotta Spyware fun, but they could also be packing that bad file with 'em..

just a few thoughts.

LF
    Umm they said i should put my signature here.
    And now all i got is a heap of White Out on the Monitor..