Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cell phone phreaking

Actually lot has changed with cell phones today, i'll let you know what i know

1. Cell phone network is very much based on OSI refrence model, so it
    has its pros and cons.

2. Eavesdropping really depends upon the underlying technology like
    GSM or CDMA. It is realively ro eavesdrop a GSM conversation and almost
    impossible on CDMA.

3. At the backend like SMS or IVR systems, they are really computer systems and
    in *computer networks* , there are Cisco H232 routers, Oracle databases, unix
    systems and Microsoft SQL Servers.

4. To eavesdrop you need expensive hardware thats why it is not so common.

Any how check out htp://www.cellphonehacks.com

That's not true, my first reply showed how you could use a TV and a cordless phone. Then 2 people reworded what I said and posted it. and Digital phones as pointed out operate at around 900 MHz... Tri mode is 1900 MHz.

Actually i am an electronic and communication engineer by profession and i know
    communication techinolgy at the back of my hand , any how you'r response was
    very obivious. Take a few points please

1. Cordless phone is not *cell* phone, it is very different.
    2. Different cell phone companies have different frequency bands,(just like radio stations)
    hence your suggestion is only true in one context.

Dude..... I didn't say a cordless was a cell, I said I used a cordless and a TV to listen to phone calls. And it's funny you do that for a living and for 3 years, so have I. However I no longer do this, but doing nothing but cell phones and setting them up for 3 years, you learn about them.

How did you confuse what I said with saying cordless and cell?

Dude..... I didn't say a cordless was a cell, I said I used a cordless and a TV to listen to phone calls. And it's funny you do that for a living and for 3 years, so have I. However I no longer do this, but doing nothing but cell phones and setting them up for 3 years, you learn about them.

How did you confuse what I said with saying cordless and cell?

Here is a link I found that might answer some questions...

http://home.san.rr.com/denbeste/eavesdrp.html

Hope it helps

Westin
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Here is a link I found that might answer some questions...

http://home.san.rr.com/denbeste/eavesdrp.html

Hope it helps

Westin
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

The older, analogue phones were very easy to listen in on. I used to have a scanner, and often picked up phone conversations. Nowadays in UK, its all gone digital (GSM) and the algorithm employed is meant to be a tough one - not unbreakable though, i remember reading about a weakness in it. But a would-be eavesdropper can just hit your conversation on when it gets onto a landline.
    PUNK\'S NOT DEAD!!

The older, analogue phones were very easy to listen in on. I used to have a scanner, and often picked up phone conversations. Nowadays in UK, its all gone digital (GSM) and the algorithm employed is meant to be a tough one - not unbreakable though, i remember reading about a weakness in it. But a would-be eavesdropper can just hit your conversation on when it gets onto a landline.
    PUNK\'S NOT DEAD!!

I'm famous where I live for this type of thing. There was a thread a while back about how "Hackers in Michigan were breaking into the wireless head sets" of fast food places saying you're to fat to have a whopper. Again, those are so easy to get into it's not even funny.