I was reading the feed from eweek when I saw this acticle [1]. I thought that it would be worth a post on AO. I wasn't quiet sure where to put it, in tech humor or here. I decided that this was the best place. If not please correct me and move the tread. I know someone is going to flame me (I don't expect otherwise) but hey, I just want to share

Quote from the article:
Microsoft Corp. has shipped the first critical security update for Windows Vista, the next version of its flagship operating system.

I find this to be verry funny, or sad, the choice is yours to make. Its not even out yet and there already getting critical update's. I know that its a beta, I'm not expecting it to be perfect but still, come on, its critical and the let it leak. Sounds a bit odd.

This is what the update is about (so you don't have to read the whole article (neither did I ))
A Microsoft spokesperson told eWEEK that the Vista patches address the same vulnerability that led to the WMF (Windows Metafile) malware attacks earlier this month.
[1] eweek's article

ps:
Microsoft also moved swiftly to dismiss speculation in some quarters that the WMF flaw was a "back door" placed in Windows intentionally by the Redmond, Wash., software maker.
IF this were only to be true. Or there is somethign there not telling us.

-DakX-