Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help!!! msconfig not working

Help!!! msconfig not working

Problem: I am not able to run mscofig. I tried running the same in safe mode, it is not working in safe mode also. The program is present in C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries. Tried opening from there but didnt work from there. I tried to copy and rename it and then tried to open it, still it didnt work. I have ran my AV(latest definition) in safe mode but couldnot find any virus.

System : WinXp

Please help

Help!!! msconfig not working

Problem: I am not able to run mscofig. I tried running the same in safe mode, it is not working in safe mode also. The program is present in C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries. Tried opening from there but didnt work from there. I tried to copy and rename it and then tried to open it, still it didnt work. I have ran my AV(latest definition) in safe mode but couldnot find any virus.

System : WinXp

Please help

Problem: I am not able to run mscofig.
    Try running "msconfig". If it doesn't work then download it download it here http://www.perfectdrivers.com/local/...p/msconfig.exe

Welcome to AO.

Cheers!!

- :S

Edit: Hey you are 2 years senior to me. I just looked at # of posts.
    \"And life is what we make it. Always has been, always will be.\"

Problem: I am not able to run mscofig.
    Try running "msconfig". If it doesn't work then download it download it here http://www.perfectdrivers.com/local/...p/msconfig.exe

Welcome to AO.

Cheers!!

- :S

Edit: Hey you are 2 years senior to me. I just looked at # of posts.
    \"And life is what we make it. Always has been, always will be.\"

It’s very possible that you may have an infection. Viruses/trogens/spyware can cause this sort of activity to happen...
    Have you noticed any other applications that have been having the same problem? Might try going to www.trendmicro.com to run there free virus scanner and spyware removal tools (if you don’t have any of your own)
    Also you might want to try Singh suggestion...

Im just curious, what do you need the tool for??? (Don’t need to answer that if you don't want to)

It’s very possible that you may have an infection. Viruses/trogens/spyware can cause this sort of activity to happen...
    Have you noticed any other applications that have been having the same problem? Might try going to www.trendmicro.com to run there free virus scanner and spyware removal tools (if you don’t have any of your own)
    Also you might want to try Singh suggestion...

Im just curious, what do you need the tool for??? (Don’t need to answer that if you don't want to)

It was a typo. I ment "msconfig" only.

Singh:
    I downloaded the application form the link that you refered me to. but even that is having the same problem.

It was a typo. I ment "msconfig" only.

Singh:
    I downloaded the application form the link that you refered me to. but even that is having the same problem.

Hi,

You say that you are running Win XP....................are you using an account with sufficient authority to run that utility?

Just a thought

Hi,

You say that you are running Win XP....................are you using an account with sufficient authority to run that utility?

Just a thought