Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steeltown Crushers do it again!!!

Steeltown Crushers do it again!!!

Nobody but the Steeler's faithful gave them a snowball's chance in hell to win that game and not only did they domniate the poor Colt's but they overcame horrible officiating to do it.

Did anyone happen to catch that game? I'll bet that that game is better than the superbowl, (which, by the way) the Steelers are going to win.... thank you.

So the NFL actually apologized for the horribly inacurrate call but does that make it all better? I think that there should be sanctions against the referees and if they wanted to be totally honest I 'd investigate to see if anyone has made any errant contributions to his bank account. *wink* *wink*

GO STEELERS!!!!!!
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Yes... I doubted - but not now!

Alright I admit it - I did doubt - I did I tells ya!

I put my money on the Pats and the Seahawks - but while the Pats are out now and the Seahawks are in - seeing the Steelers this weekend - I caught some of it going through the airports - makes me believe the Steelers could take it all - they just need to beatup the Broncos.

The Steelers go get some credit though - I've watched "Inside the NFL" do it at least a few times - so does FOX - I think Bradshaw has it in his contract. The "Bus" and "Big-Ben" will lead them! AND obviously Ward!

But you want to talk about undervalued teams - the Vikings are one of them - most teams set records against them, but they did show signs of life later in this season - next year will be the rebuild year(s) for them.
    \"We\'re the middle children of history.... no purpose or place. We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We\'ve all been raised by television to believe that one day we\'ll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won\'t. And we\'re learning slowly that fact. And we\'re very, very pissed off.\" - Tyler (Brad Pitt) Fight Club.

I did watch that game. It was great!

I was laughing at the announcers, building up the next playoff game, in Denver. They were saying Denver wanted the Steelers to win because they could beat them.

Yeah, in their dreams. I think the Bronco's are going to hit the steel wall this weekend.

'Course, now I'm going to have some split loyalties. I've been a Steelers fan since the early 70's. I live and breath Seahawks here in Seattle. What if they play against each other in the SuperBowl? Well, at least I can cheer for both sides.

Yeah, Seahawks have to get past Carolina Sunday. That should be a good game.

Yeah, Seahawks have to get past Carolina Sunday. That should be a good game.
    I know - I was miffed that I had to miss parts of the games last week because of travel - but I should be back for this Sunday - those will be great games. My guess for the total score of the SuperBowl - 42 - both teams score combined - based on history. We'll see.

Does it seem the SuperBowl game is sometime a let down?!? Like the playoffs usually host the best games of the season?!?
    \"We\'re the middle children of history.... no purpose or place. We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We\'ve all been raised by television to believe that one day we\'ll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won\'t. And we\'re learning slowly that fact. And we\'re very, very pissed off.\" - Tyler (Brad Pitt) Fight Club.

AO's Mr Grumpy
    Originally posted here by rapier57
    I think the Bronco's are going to hit the steel wall this weekend.
    Is that a goal?

Over here they try to hit a net thingy with a guy jumping around in it
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

Shmeelers, sh*thawks (we call them seagulls here on the east coast), panthers....phhhttt....

Patriots by 13.......whooohooo
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Originally posted here by jm459
    Is that a goal?

Over here they try to hit a net thingy with a guy jumping around in it
    Hey, jm! Naw, the Steel Wall (AKA the Iron Curtain) is the Pittsburgh Steelers line (offensive or defensive, YMMV). This is the first team in years that resemble the 70's Steelers in many ways. They are the smash-mouth football players of the league. And, win or lose, on the way home and all the next week, Steelers opponents know in every joint and limb they played a very tough, physical team.

Kind of a Pittsburgh tradition.

Denver is going into the ginder next week.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    talk about about two people's divided by a common language

I thought it was in English, but I found out that it's all Greek to me
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

LOL

The funniest part is that most of the guys I've seen on ESPN, ABC, CBS, are all taking the Broncos to win.....?? Did I miss something? And who ever admits they were wrong? None of them. LOL

I guess we wait and see.

Psst! It was the "Steel Curtain", not iron, but close enough. The Iron Curtain was the U.S.S.R.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Did enjoy the steelers tilt though, kinda felt for the bus when he fumbled (first all season what a time to do it), sort of poetic justice to win the game though considering the blown call, had to love the kickers face when he threw his helmet, hell they shouldn't have gotten that close to begin with, but man this is one dude who won't be on the summer golf tour these guys go on, may not see him untill week 8 into next season.

How's this for a list of who's who on the Steelers, just imagine the team you could have with these guys......

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/pinstri...s/Steelers.htm

THE STEEL CURTAIN
    DT Mean Joe Greene, DT Ernie Holmes, DE L.C. Greenwood, and DE Dwight White
    The fans that saw them will never forget their ferocious attack on NFL opponents. The players who lined up against the four horsemen will never completely shake off those bone-crunching blasts they bestowed every Sunday. They were the four marauding monsters from four-time Super Bowl Champs, the Pittsburgh Steelers -- the behemoths who flattened opposing linemen, quarterbacks and rushers for nearly a decade. They just don't make men like this anymore -- and they probably never will!
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson