Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder if Bush can up the Ante

Wonder if Bush can up the Ante

France gets Tough........gee and we thought they were as limp as fiddleheads....

Wonder what a 5 megaton MIRV would do to Osama's little cave eh!

President Jacques Chirac has dropped a political bombshell by threatening to retaliate with nuclear strikes against any state found to be responsible for a large-scale terrorist attack on France.
    The Independant
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Ahh, now that is how it should be. A great US president, without any googling i want to say it was Roosevlet, summed up his foriegn policy as "Walk softly but carry a BIG stick". If the US had simply said "pull any terrorist **** with us and say hello to a nuclear sunrise", and then actually went throught with it, we would most likely not have invaded anyone. As much as i don't like saying it, i almost ALMOST wish there will soon be a terror attack on France. I don't want anyone getting killed or anything, terrorist or not, but to see the French actually follow through with this threat would be great. As long as they are willing to back up thier words, and lets face it sooner or later someone will attack france in a terrorist mannor, maybe there is something that daBush can learn from Chirac, more specifically how to NOT act like a little bitch with terrorists.
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Re: Wonder if Bush can up the Ante

President Jacques Chirac has dropped a political bombshell by threatening to retaliate with nuclear strikes against any state found to be responsible for a large-scale terrorist attack on France.
    What is large scale? That's too ambiguous. That was about the dumbest thing he could have ever said. You never threaten to nuke, you just do it if you have to. They will definitely call his bluff on this one. He just invited every rogue state to continually screw with France on a less than large scale. They know he can't just nuke somebody. The world watched him set on his arse while his country burned for 2 weeks. The opportunity to gain any respect or support from other countries just went out the window. What an Idiot!!!

That reminds me of when I was watching "Cops" and they were going to arrest a 23 year old for buying some rock. The cop drew his gun and said, "if you run I will blow your head off!" Obviously the man knew the cop couldn't just blow his head off for this event, so the man took off running and escaped. Another Idiot!
    Connection refused, try again later.

I'd amount this to just barking at the dark. France will never retaliate in this manner because terrorism does not have borders, a capital, etc. Unless a severe attack happens and Iran, Syria, etc start jumping up and down claiming it was their action, the nukes will never be deployed.

Originally posted here by JewishIntent
    As much as i don't like saying it, i almost ALMOST wish there will soon be a terror attack on France. I don't want anyone getting killed or anything, terrorist or not, but to see the French actually follow through with this threat would be great.
    I agree, although it would either be a stunning act that would forever change the attitude of terrorists, or it would start WWIII, and possible a nuclear apocolypse. In either result, the outcome would be an interesting one to say the least.
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic

We keep worrying about unstable governments with nuclear weapons, and here's France.

Go figure.

We keep worrying about unstable governments with nuclear weapons, and here's France.
    Can I get an Amen ?

Really though, what does chirac (lowercase on purpose) hope to accomplish ? No one is going to believe the french capable of anything on that scale. The man is an inept and it is obvious. Riots ? Doesn't concern him... French missle technology in Iraq post- 1993 embargo ? He doesn't know... I can go on, but I won't because this isn't about that. My point is basically agreeing with what is posted above. Yup, that's about it. See ya.
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool - Good Ole Bill Shakespeare

Sorry I just can't let this one go. My comments are only directed toward the numbskull Chirac. The leader of any nation desiring respect, does not threaten to nuke because the world already nows that he can or can't, will or will not.

Chirac is trying to gain respect by attempting to impress, however he is failing miserably. The ole Nuclear Envy ain't what it used to be and it just pisses everyone else off. North Korean did it, Iran, did it, Pakistan, India, and Eqypt as well. "Hey world look at me I'm a tough guy now, I got nukes!" Yawns.....who doesn't? Anyone anywhere presses the button and we'll get sun burned!

For attempting to promote France, he didn't pay attention to all negativity that we have received. A ton from him as a matter of fact and we have only used conventional weapons. If the target is terrorists then you absolutely must cut as cleanly as the surgeons blade with only minimal collateral damage. The world would not stand idly by as Chirac starts lighting candles and popping off nukes. Any Massive collateral damage would cause him to have nukes up his arse as well. The use of Strategic Nukes, would put his country at extreme risk from every surrounding nation. Homey don't play that way! We use only the force necessary to compel compliance. They would become the enemy of everyone and our past enemies would become our friends as in the quote. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." It would be Game Over. If other countries truely believe that he will use them, they will do a preemptive strike on him.

His own country would probably break out the ole guillotine and his head would roll off the blocks.

From threats of a Google Clone to Nukes in one week, boy he's a tough hombre! His leadership reminds me of a fart in the wind. It shows up, stinks, and then away it goes never to be noticed again.
    Connection refused, try again later.

Originally posted here by rapier57

Go figure.
    Haha! How funny is that. It's always been a curiousity why the French are so apposed to the war on terrorism. They claim it's the methodology, now it may seem that Chirac is merely afraid of beind discovered! I bow to your interjection Rapier57, that was fantastic.

Originally posted here by Relyt
    For attempting to promote France, he didn't pay attention to all negativity that we have received. A ton from him as a matter of fact and we have only used conventional weapons. If the target is terrorists then you absolutely must cut as cleanly as the surgeons blade with only minimal collateral damage.
    There was no mention of what grade of nuclear weapons would be used I don't think. If it's actually Fourth Generation tier, then it actually causes less collateral damage than conventional. You just have to deal with 2 things, residual damage to the direct impact area and the fear surrounding nuclear power in general. If he is refering to FGNW though, that would be a surpise to me. I thought they were still experimental and not ready for immediate combat use use or production.
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic

[/devil's advocate]
    There is always the possablility that he finally just grew tired of gettin picked on all the time by the other world leads and countries in general, and finally grew a spine. If you pick on someone enough even the smallest weakest nerd can go find a big gun and shoot someone with it, and with him only saying he will retaliate against a 'large scale' attack and not defining what 'large scale' is he could be hoping that potential terrorists will think "well is this large scale enough to make them nuke us?' thereby allowing him to nuke over any terrorist attempt no matter what size. [/devil's advocate]

But seriously this isn't good for anyone. If you and someone else are pointing guns at eachother and the other person, chirac, says on the count of three hes going to shoot you. . . whos going to shoot first.
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

If he is serious and not bluffing, my respect for France moves up several
    notches. Maybe not as high as Charles (kick ass) DeGaulle, but it's
    a step in the right direction.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.