Thread: hello i need some help......if anyone can lol

hello i need some help......if anyone can lol

Ok this is my prob and its a big one incase any of you that may be able to help have heard of this or had experience with it I am INFECTED with a seemingly UNkillable spyaxe/spystrike/ncompt - Exploit byte verify JV/Shinwow/omgWTF!!!!!? virus lol anyone have experience with this nasty thing and cam maybe give me a few pointers on how i can get rid of it or hack it out of my pc?

Well we really need mroe info in order to help you at all. What OS are you running? What are the symptoms your computer has? Post the specs to your pc and a detailed explination of your problem.
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

The Recidivist
    Okay, first thing first. Put down the RedBull.

Took me a couple times reading it to get what the hell you were asking.

To the prob: JV/Shinwow

This trojan horse uses the Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-011 exploit to infect.

Which brings up something.....you need to keep yourself updated.

Originally posted: April 09, 2003
    That is the date of the discovery of this exploit.

You can automate this. If your using a pirated copy at least get the SPs from a torrent. I recommend you purchase a legal copy but if you can't at least get the SPs.

Restart your computer in safe mode by taping F8 repeatedly during boot. Then choose Safe Boot with networking.

Update your AV programs and run them then. This should remove it. If you don't have an AV program several AV companies offer a free on-line version.

TrendMicro offers one.

Second, keep yourself updated man. Anymore probs just post here. Just calm down a little bud.

Ry
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

ok i have a intell pentium 4 3.2 gig cpu 1024 mb's ram 80 gig hd im running win2k sp4 the symptoms are as follows my desktop is being hijacked i get a security display message that tells me to by their product because i have adware/spyware/virus on my pc i did scans found out its spystrike torjan aka spy axe and no matter what i do i cant get rid of it i keep getting pop ups on my desktop it tries to over take my home page and adds its own BHO i have tried everything like spybot sd, hijack this smitrem etc and it just seems impossible. for a while i had got rid of some of it still had the pop ups the main file is in my temperary internet files under the file name ncompt when i try to delete this file it says sharing violation this file is in use and i can not do anything to remove it.

thanks for the tips hjack i appreaciate it i will defffinatly try that.........btw i am calm though was just adding some personality to my plea for help lol

btw i am useing a legit copy of win2k my mcaffee virus protection is for 05 and out of date already and i have tried booting up in safe mode to remove it with mcaffee and spybot sd to no avail but i will try again.

hi hjack so far things are looking good i never tried my scans in safe mode with networking just safe mode i ran smitrem and then spybot and so far so good i havnt had any pop ups yet and a warning to buy their product to eliminate the malware they put on my system but i have had it b4 at a point where nothing poped up for a few hours so im not gunna say it is totaly gone yet but we will see in the next day or 2 thank you very much for you're help.

The Recidivist
    Good luck to you and thanks for stopping by. If you continue to have problems with this please come back and post here. Also feel welcome to come back with any other probs.

Ry
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

thanks this site is gr8 ...a friend of mine told me about it and i want to be on here regularly i dont know much about computers but next year i will be taking a course to get my certificate in computer programmer/analyst/internet solutions developer and i think this will be a gr8 place to get alot of tips for things i will have to encounter in the future. it will help going into a course like that with a bit of foreknowledge about things. i will also let u know if this prob is gone for good as well thank you very much again.