Thread: Yahoo Hoax??

Question Yahoo Hoax??

An Irc channel I go to is buzzing this morning, with what I assume is another hoax. Following is a transcript of what one person recieved.
    [07:15] <Lady_J> HEY ITS DIANNA, FROM THE DIRECTOR OF YAHOO, EVERYBODY SORRY FOR THE INTERRUPTION, BUT YAHOO IS CLOSING THE SYSTEM DOWN BECAUSE TOO MANY BOOTERS ARE TAKING UP ALL THE NAMES, WE ONLY HAVE 57 NAMES LEFT, IF U WOULD LIKE TO KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT, SEND THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE ON YOUR LIST. THIS IS NO JOKE, YOU'LL BE SORRY IF YOU DON'T SEND IT. THANKS DIRECTOR OF YAHOO, TIM BUISKI. WHOEVER DOESN'T SEND THIS MESSAGE YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DEACTIVAT
    Any one have any more info on this?
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

AOs Resident Troll
    Sounds like

" a load of crap" (said with a very heavy scottish accent)

To me

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

After a little checking.....the original email was sent about Feb 2005....at least this last time. Its a hoax.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Well one way you can tell this is BS is by doing the math. the number of names possible using a 9 charecter max name allowing the use of numbers is more than the total number of users period, WAY MORE.
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    ...and the key phrase is.......

YOU'LL BE SORRY IF YOU DON'T SEND IT.
    Yep, that's standard corporate language....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Yep, that's standard corporate language
    Actually . . . I currently work in the corporate HR department for a very big company, it will remain nameless but it is the number one copmany for its product in all of the US, and i can definatly say that this type of language is not only used, but sometimes needed in order to get things done.
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    ... In public announcements that are _warning_ people of something????

Bloody funny product you people must be selling.... Must be targetted at the "nether regions" of society... Colt 45 by any chance?
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

In utter and endless vanity. Humbleness, oh how I miss thee.
    I get this kind of stuff all the time on Yahoo Msg. and in my mail. I basically ignore it as spam and such. I really hate it when people send you chain letters like that. Anything that has about a million people forwarded is basically bull crap.
    This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch. The beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, cheat, lie to us and try and make us think it's for our own good, yet we are the criminals. Yes I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker and this is my manifesto. You may stop me but you can't stop us all.

That's right. I'm 10100111001.

Yep. i think its really an attempt to see which messages are alive for the spammers to track. Check the source to see if there are any "bugs" or small, 1 px by 1 px image, or small wav is being d/led.

how do people still beleive this crap i will never know,

that little boy with cancer fooled me once, but fool me twice... well you know. lol