Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Errrr...What a Dick...

Am I the only one who finds gore saying "Does Bush Hunt?" funny? Seriously though, that's like saying does Hitler kill? LOL.. blah. I'm bored...
    Space For Rent.. =]

Originally posted here by nihil
    How many of you have actually been shot?..............and by real guns as well?

I've been peppered too many times to count...BUT...We were dove hunting not quail/pheasant hunting, so you have assigned spots in a field and we were all spaced properly so even if you get peppered the worst that happens is it MIGHT sting a little depending on what kind of load the other person shot, what kind of clothes you had on, and where you got peppered...(~50 yds away)...Saw in the paper last night they claim Cheney was 30yds away and the shot lodged in the other guys heart...gotta wonder wtf kinda loads he was using...that seems a bit excessive to me (for small shot to penetrate that much at that distance)...
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Well this didn't take long

http://dickcheneyquailhunt.cf.huffingtonpost.com/

Cheney was 30yds away and the shot lodged in the other guys heart...gotta wonder wtf kinda loads he was using...that seems a bit excessive to me (for small shot to penetrate that much at that distance)...
    Yes I would have thought #7.5 and certainly nothing larger than #6. Maybe he was using those tungsten alloy pellets?

We used to get $2 per pellet, but it isn't a way of earning a living that I would recommend

Yes, my guess would be 6 shot would be the most appropriate for medium sized birds, which is where I believe pheasant/quail fall...still, that has to be on the far end of effective range...anyway, buddy of mine saw a bumper sticker today along the lines of 'Better to hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy' *snicker*

*ducking for cover*
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

I never heard of a 28 guage shotgun before though......isn't that kind of like a 410? (good thing it wasn't a 10 guage)
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

A 28 guage is the size up from .410" 28 lead balls make a pound in weight. You would generally use them for small game like doves and quail.

The first time I shot a Shot gun, was a sawed off 12 at my best friend's house. Same day as shell to the mouth. Magnum Buckshots were loaded in it. MAN that thing kicked.

M-14s are a lot easier to manage. I shot that thing one handed.

Sung to the tune of the Aerosmith song.

Cheney's got a gun,
    the whole world's come undone.
    shot a buddy in the bum.
    Cheney's got a gun.

Sorry I couldn't resist.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

The guy (Cheney) only went part way in the public interview yesterday. He claimed responsibility (what a concept!), but he should have went the extra mile and said he lacked adult judgement and shouldn't be trusted in public office, therefore, he submits his resignation.

That would have made things right.

Or, he could have invited W hunting?

Or, he could have invited W hunting?
    Probably why they keep them seperated to begin with....
    Unfortunately, technology does not eliminate human error, "carelessness will kill your buddies", goes the old saying. In the words of veteran US Colonel David Hackworth: "fear, nervousness, excitement and exhaustion numb the mind and cause miscommunication and misunderstandings
    So Cheney being numb to begin with......

Fratricide

I don't think Cheney has the moral fortitude to resign, probably not in his portfolio......
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson