Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interesting thing that happens with water

You guys are getting pretty technical. :P

Ill use BlackIce's Disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am bloody well not responsible for anyone being stupid enough to actually do this, or any injuries which might result if this is done improperly.

We always used to have fun with dry ice and water in those 3 liter soda bottles. Simple and effective and usually produces a nice bang. Dont use the 1 liter bottles though, they go off too fast. And get away, because plastic flying fast hurts.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Blast From the Past
    i like that method gore... anarchist cookbook?
    i have most of that thing printed out...

i like my slightly simplier way... bolt cutters... for some reason all the pop machines around here have heavy duty locks on them... cut that and there ya go.. no key needed... and then your not destroying property as much as teh salt water method.. just a lock... im sure that pop machine is pretty f***3d after that

not like i have ever tried this of course...
    and i do not reccomend you do
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

Bolt cutters are noisey and a cop can see you using them. But salt water you just pour in and it looks like you're grabbing paid for drinks.... Pop....(Soda for you south of Ohio, Coke for you in Texas)...

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    The absolute best way to deal with that stupid pop machine is really easy, it works most times and you will never get caught...

Put a freaking dollar in it.... If you don't have the dollar... Oh well... You can't afford the pop... Live with it...
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

You've obviously never been on a 3 hour road trip, getting lost for 4 hours more, being thirsty as hell, and nothing to drink.

Gore:

1. I _DON'T_ get lost.... I have been reading maps at the contour level since I was 7. I can look at a map and _see_ the ground.... When I am 1000 miles away from it and never having been there before. So that is a silly argument where I am concerned.

2. I was trained to do _everything_ including forced marching 20 miles with 100 pounds of equipment on only 2 pints of water per day. Everything includes drinking, cooking, washing, shaving and first aid... That is a silly argument where I am concerned.

3. I was a Combat Survival and Rescue Instructor who came top of his class and top of all classes that had been through the school since it's inception. I supported, fed, heated and sheltered 15 other people while they tried to break us. They failed... That is a silly argument where I am concerned.

4. I got a job... That is a silly argument where I am concerned...

That's not a personal attack.... It's meant to prove that you _can_ do things you don't think can be done... That you don't need to abuse others to do it... Pay the dollar or find the alternative... There are _always_ alternatives... Trust me...
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

You want me to listen to you? Trust you? The first thing you ever said was NOT to trust you or anyone else lol.

Background info since you're being a cop today:

I was working 6 days a week at the time. Where was my money? I was driving in it.... It was break even for me. I worked and could drive to work, maybe buy smokes, but that was it. I couldn't afford anything extra for the hell of it.... I was thirsty, no money, but as I pointed out my best friend had stolen a salt shaker and there was an empty 2 litre bottle in my back seat.

Now that couple pints of water story is cute, it really is, but I've never been in the military, and my "training" stops at Karate. No school I've been to shows you how to survive a 120 degree summer day with nothing to drink, however surviving was taught. Do you honestly think Coca-Cola is going to come after me for a couple dollars in pop?

Dude, seriously, some day at least, just understand that there are people in the World who didn't join a military so they could get tortured by some jack ass that thinks you're EVER going to need to know how to live on a pint of water in the East coast of Michigan.

So, since there is ALWAYS an option... What were my Options ? None of us had money, or a bank account, it was 3 AM, and no where near home. The pop bottle was the only one so it wasn't like we could have taken those back for something to drink.... Oh I know! We could have robbed a store! Or even better hit an old lady with my car and stolen her purse! Oh oh oh or!!!! We could have risked being arrested and tried to steal some pop from a store!.... Dude seriously lol that is the ONE time I did that and I may regret stealing it but what would you have done that DOESN'T involve training that you have?

As for being lost, I didn't use a map. They aren't free and if I could have afforded a map I could have afforded a pop.

So... I guess you missed the whole point...

Never mind...

Intellect can solve any _basic_ problem without screwing someone else over... Yes, you improvised... That's good... But you improvised in a bad way...

No school I've been to shows you how to survive a 120 degree summer day with nothing to drink,
    It's actually not that difficult... You can even use your own pee to do it... or any vegitation you can find... or if you are _really_ in deep poop you can simply survive on the moisture available in the air at night... Really... it can be done... I used to teach it and had to practice it first so that I had some "authority" when I taught. There are tribes in the deserts of Africa that do this _every_ day to survive... You can do it anywhere in the USA... In Michigan it's a no brainer... You chose not to... That's fine... But when you do people wrong then you do yourself wrong.

I _prefer_ to do the right thing with emphasis on my intellect and knowledge... It's always worked for me...

I know how to harvest water from humidity. Anyone who's seen a window in summer should know how. It's hot humid and water is on the window.

And I wasn't aware you were making a point other than being able to post about how you soldered a network card together with a cigarette lighter for the good of humanity as a whole.

And I didn't screw anyone over by taking out a pop machine. The owner of the machine calls coke, insurance pays for a new one, he gets an updated model free and a very rich company shells out about 0.001% of their dailey earnings.

By the way you've yet to have answered how I would have gone about getting a drink or what options were left. I mean I know humidty COULD work but 3 people on a summer night are not going to stop being thirtsy because filtered a tampon and drank it...

Who pays the insurance????

Think _hard_ before you answer.....