Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Valentines Day "Immoral"

Hi FanacooL , this is more or less along the lines of what I was saying earlier:

http://www.pictureframes.co.uk/pages..._valentine.htm

A Roman martyr, feast day introduced to supplant a pagan one....................(Juno)

Absolutely nothing to do with Muslim or Hindu religious beliefs.................as you rightly say this is pure politics and rabble rousing. For example, March 1st. is St. David's day..............will these same people be out burning leeks and eating daffodil bulbs?

St. David is the patron saint of Wales incidentally, and the leek is one of their national emblems, as the daffodil is their national flower.

I agree with these people eating daffodil bulbs.............they are poisonous

Did someone said Pizza :) FanacooL's Avatar
    Hi Nihil

i was reading the link you gave and really like these two the first one is funny but the second one i should try 'cause i am in this situation

1) If you cut an apple in half and count how many seeds are inside, you will also know how many children you will have. and this one
    Pick a dandelion that has gone to seed. Take a deep breath and blow the seeds into the wind. Count the seeds that remain on the stem. That is the number of children you will have.

2) Think of five or six names of boys or girls you might marry, As you twist the stem of an apple, recite the names until the stem comes off. You will marry the person whose name you were saying when the stem fell off.
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!

********** |ceWriterguy
    Bytewrangler - no offense taken bro. I was tossing a taste of sarcasm in the mix. More than likely I figure something like this occurred in the (otherwise empty) mind of a politician somewhere:

"Gee, I hate the US. I think I'll whale on one of their holidays. Wow, Valentine's day is coming up. Maybe I can rouse some popularity that way...."

Rabble rousers I can handle. I've seen them in our own government all my life.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!