Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Counter-Strike:Source - Game or Lame?

I used to love rocketing those che@ting bastards when we would catch them on the AO server. However Zencoder does have a point. There are a lot of @sshol3s that made me want to quit. People that would come onto our free public server and then talk **** about our clan and how they were so l337. It got really lame after a while. I did used to have a lot of fun with everyone from AO on our server and its a fun game, but damn the people could be bastards.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

I used to love rocketing those che@ting bastards when we would catch them on the AO server.
    Was Valve's Anti-Cheat system in place at the time? That thing works wonders these days.. (at least, I haven't seen any cheats on FragMasters)
    However Zencoder does have a point. There are a lot of @sshol3s that made me want to quit. People that would come onto our free public server and then talk **** about our clan and how they were so l337. It got really lame after a while. I did used to have a lot of fun with everyone from AO on our server and its a fun game, but damn the people could be bastards.
    That is to be expected - they will always be people who will mock you, but you just got to let it fly past you because they're probably jealous of your 1337ing skillz. Or, if you don't want to be the bigger man, you can always ban their Steam ID.

Originally posted here by J_K9
    Was Valve's Anti-Cheat system in place at the time? That thing works wonders these days.. (at least, I haven't seen any cheats on FragMasters)

That is to be expected - they will always be people who will mock you, but you just got to let it fly past you because they're probably jealous of your 1337ing skillz. Or, if you don't want to be the bigger man, you can always ban their Steam ID.
    Cant remember if it was installed yet or not. I played up until CS Source was in Beta and we kept our server pretty up to date on everything. We would still see people "skipping" across the screen and doing other weird things.

I enjoyed the game a lot, but dont like to play it too much anymore. If I do, I play CZ.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Anyway, I was wondering how many of you play CS:Source, what servers you play on, how often, etc... It's probably the most famous online multiplayer game in the world (although Doom, Quake and PacMan probably beat it for the all-time most widely known).

Actually, the original CS (pre-source) is still the most famous online multiplayer game in the world and is by a landslide.

I started my CS days back in Beta 2 (1999) and ran a dedicated server all the way up until the current CS 1.6. Due to lack of time, I had to shut the server down about 6 months ago.

Since CS:S came out, I have prolly logged about 30 minutes of play time. It looks nice and all but it just is not the same CS (pre-source) that I have played and grown to love for the past 7 years..........to much of a change and I think that is why all the major leagues and tournaments today are still 1.6 dominated and hardy any of the top clans in the world made the move to CS:S.

Give me a CS (pre-source) server anyday over a CS:S server and I would be a very happy fragger

I played up until CS Source was in Beta and we kept our server pretty up to date on everything. We would still see people "skipping" across the screen and doing other weird things.
    That doesn't happen any more..
    Since CS:S came out, I have prolly logged about 30 minutes of play time. It looks nice and all but it just is not the same CS (pre-source) that I have played and grown to love for the past 7 years..........to much of a change and I think that is why all the major leagues and tournaments today are still 1.6 dominated and hardy any of the top clans in the world made the move to CS:S.
    CS:S takes some getting used to after original 1.6, but you do begin to enjoy it. The graphics are much better to begin with - which improves the experience. Interaction with object is also far more realistic. I don't see why people relate noobs going around getting headshots by spraying bullets with CS:S - it's just as applicable to CS 1.6 as to Source. CZ is another story - it takes two headshots to kill someone :S

I enjoy both 1.6 and Source, although I prefer the latter because its graphics are so much better. 1.6 on an older machine, Source on the new is what I would do if I could find my blasted 1.6 install CD.. is it still for sale?

Cheers,

-jk

Greeting's

CZ is another story - it takes two headshots to kill someone :S
    ...Takes one from the AK I use...

I agree with you as far as CS:S, the physical enviroment is much more interective and almost everything now can be moved (boxes etc). CS:S is going to take more time before it gets accepted...... I think people are much more stuck to that CS:Z or 1.6 feel.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Hey Byte,

Do you know the minimum specs needed to run a CS:S dedicated server? I was trying to find out, but I only came across this site (which shows how to set it up, but not the minimum specifications needed). Any idea?
    I agree with you as far as CS:S, the physical enviroment is much more interective and almost everything now can be moved (boxes etc). CS:S is going to take more time before it gets accepted...... I think people are much more stuck to that CS:Z or 1.6 feel.
    Even the paintings can be shot off the walls IIRC

But yeah, quite a few people are still hooked on the older versions... They are pretty good though

Thanks,

-jk