Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Counter-Strike:Source - Game or Lame?

Counter-Strike:Source - Game or Lame?

Ironically, the title itself is lame.

Anyway, I was wondering how many of you play CS:Source, what servers you play on, how often, etc... It's probably the most famous online multiplayer game in the world (although Doom, Quake and PacMan probably beat it for the all-time most widely known).

I play it on Sundays and holidays, and I usually go on one of these two servers-

195.20.109.116:27015 - FragMasters
    195.149.21.181:27025 - Mystic Kingdom

The first is huge, as its 40 player limit is almost always full. So, when I can't connect there, I go to the second one instead - it has a more relaxed atmosphere and the maps are fun-maps instead of large & stealthy ones. It also has fewer people - makes it easier to connect

The reason I thought of posting this thread was because I was looking at cheyenne1212's profile and I saw the link to "ao-clan.net" (which, by the way, is down). So, if anyone still wants to make an AO clan, or if you just want to give me a shot (excuse the pun) at it, then I'm up for it!

Cheers,

-jk

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Geesus, are people STILL crying about how great CS is? Grow up. Move on. There are SO MANY other great games out there. Try the Battlefield 2 games. Try Quake IV. Try Doom 3. Try UT2k4. But SHUT UP about CS:S. I am SO f****** tired of hearing about that game.

Lame. Definitely lame.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Geesus, are people STILL crying about how great CS is? Grow up. Move on. There are SO MANY other great games out there. Try the Battlefield 2 games. Try Quake IV. Try Doom 3. Try UT2k4. But SHUT UP about CS:S. I am SO f****** tired of hearing about that game.
    Wow, calm down. I was only asking. I don't get why so many people are against it anyway - why is Battlefield 2 any better? Why is Quake any better? Why is Doom any better? If you're going to bash the game down, at least give me an explanation why you don't like it.

Anyway, to each his own?

CS:S is amazing. So is Battlefield 2. So is Quake 4. But they're all different, and good for different people... You don't have to get so up in arms zen...

Personally I enjoy CS:S, BF2 and COD 2 whenever I can... Don't have too much time though, so my skills are falling off.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Originally posted here by J_K9
    Wow, calm down. I was only asking. I don't get why so many people are against it anyway - why is Battlefield 2 any better? Why is Quake any better? Why is Doom any better? If you're going to bash the game down, at least give me an explanation why you don't like it.

Anyway, to each his own?
    Sorry, wasn't trying to come over as "worked up". I'm not...I'm just tired and disgusted with the whole game. 1.5 was about when I stopped playing it. It is not the game, per say. It is the attitude that has pervaded a portion of the players. Maybe not the statistical majority, but there are enough, and they are obnoxious enough, to APPEAR to represent the majority. I know, it's a generalization...but there it is...and MANY gamers see it the same way. Many non-CS playing gamers.

Source and the VAC system has helped curb a lot of the cheating, but the attitudes and the machismo BS still abound. For this problem, I'd agree that BF2 and the others AREN'T any better. But they are newer games, with less entrenched feelings of hostility in many people. CS has become one of those games that you love, or you hate. I fall into the latter. Sorry. Nothing against you. I shouldn't have shot my mouth (my fingers? my keyboard?) off. To each his own, exactly.

/me goes back to Empire at War
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

/me goes back to Empire at War
    That's an amazingly fun game... I wish I had more time to play it.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Greeting's

I've played CS from the very first version and I've also played CS:source but I thinks thats still in developement stage (It is officially release but I've already downloaded about 400 MB as patches and new AVTAR [like GIGN was just recently added]). I''m always going to remain a CS fan.

I think its going to be one more year before CS:source makes it to WCG.

Anyway I'm seriously ready for a AO clan and I think you should change the thread title to "NEW CS CLAN FROM AO" or something better.

I'm with you for the clan (sorry had to say it again I LOVE THAT GAME)

EDIT :

Forgot to mention I've CS:CONDITION ZERO, CS:1.6 and source all on the PC, SO version wouldnt matter.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Source and the VAC system has helped curb a lot of the cheating, but the attitudes and the machismo BS still abound. For this problem, I'd agree that BF2 and the others AREN'T any better. But they are newer games, with less entrenched feelings of hostility in many people.
    Yeah, some people do seem to take CS:S as if it's all that matters to them - and are _way_ too competitive. Not only that, but there are a minority which join just to ruin the games of others on their own team (which IMO is pretty sad).
    Battlefield 2 is actually a really good game, as is COD 2 (is it multiplayer though?). I want to take a look at America's Army too, because it seems to be along the same line as the others (and it's free). Maybe I should broaden my gaming horizons a bit when I get the chance...

No problem, and I'm sorry for creating another CS thread. Maybe next time it'll be about BF2 or TrackMania Nations or something...

[edit]

ByTeWrangler - You're more of a CS addict than I am lol. So, you're up for the clan? Let's see if anyone else is interested before we decide anything else.

I've played CS from the very first version and I've also played CS:source but I thinks thats still in developement stage (It is officially release but I've already downloaded about 400 MB as patches and new AVTAR [like GIGN was just recently added]).
    Aye, I've downloaded tons of updates since I got the game. They're not only patches though - there have been quite a few upgrades in general. And the blasted CT shield is gone once and for all thanks to it lol

CS-CZ pwnz. Nuff said

CS-S Sux. Nuff said.

CS p0wnz all you n00bz0rz

&lt;3 much love.

ByTeWrangler - You're more of a CS addict than I am lol. So, you're up for the clan? Let's see if anyone else is interested before we decide anything else.

We had an AO- cs clan. Cheyenne, Jarrod, Zombiemann and myself ran it. It was up for over a year, but unfortunately life became too busy for many of us so it died out slowly.

GamingElites.com is the clan i'm playing in right now...

The Recidivist
    I just started playing BF2 about 2 months ago and must say I am quite addicted. I still play CS:S just because your headshots skills from CS really help in BF2.

I have played @ Fragmasters before. I usually use the handle PreNup. In bf2 I am Prenuptial.
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche