Thread: sudo in Windows

Banned

sudo in Windows

is there a original M$/ third party utility that will enable me to run commands under Admin privileges from user account...

i need this for installation of other programs and updates

pls help

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Version of Windows? Some versions have a "RunAs" option when you right-click on administrative tools (although more closer to su than sudo). You could try this Win-Sudo
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

There's a couple of places that won't work (like Control Panel | Administrative Tools); in there you need to hold Shift while right-clicking.

Just Another Geek
    Another way to get to the control panel and being able to change the security settings on files is to "RunAs.." iexplore.exe. Works just like a "regular" explorer window...
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Blast From the Past
    go to command

type at *time in 24hr mode* /interactive taskmgr

taskmgr comes up as system user not logged in user.. kill explorer and restart it with system properties...

NOT MY ORGIONAL WORK AROUND someone listed this on AO alittle while ago... il look for the link when i have more time, if anyone has it please post it for me so orgional poster gets credit
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

Originally posted here by hexadecimal
    [B]go to command

type at *time in 24hr mode* /interactive taskmgr

taskmgr comes up as system user not logged in user.. kill explorer and restart it with system properties...
    at 09:30 /interactive taskmgr

> access denied

system policies here disallow regular users to do that

MsMittens: ive visited that site you have mencioned but is in german.... do you have a link in a "regular language? i couldnt find one. German is not in my current row of languages
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

Hi cacosapo

Please try here: http://nonadmin.editme.com/WinSUDO

MsMittens: ive visited that site you have mencioned but is in german.... do you have a link in a "regular language? i couldnt find one. German is not in my current row of languages
    Hey cacosapo ... just copy the url mentioned by MsMittens and put it in the "translate a website" on THIS page, change the from and to language to "German to English" and you're off.

Hope this helps,

.C.

[EDIT] Or just use the url from nihil [/EDIT]
    Back when I was a boy, we carved our own IC's out of wood.

YOu can use internet exporer, right click on it and choose run as (mnake sure you dont do this on the desktop shortcut IE but on the one in quick launch or start menu.

ONce it is running under Admin you can type control panel in the address abr this then runs Control panel and all its applets under admin privelege.

There is various documentation stating that using the runas command with control.exe works however i have enver managed to get thsi working

using IE worka ll the time for me
    Our destiny is to endure all hardships that we encounter along the path to what we perceive to be true and worthwhile !

The Head foundation
    Please give generously