Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free USB Key from Microsoft

Free USB Key from Microsoft

Hey Hey,

I didn't see this posted.... nothing in the past few posts in MS Sec, ChitChat or Addicts anyways... if it's posted.. I apologize for the double post (I haven't been here much lately so I've missed some stuff)... but it's worth posting twice if it has been posted.

As their latest marketing gimic microsoft is giving away USB Keys... It's very easy to get... Here's the original posting on the subject

Microsoft is on the marketing warpath to promote legitimate licensing of their operating system, Windows(tm). Fill out the necessary junk, get a free USB flash FOB -- probably 32 MB -- but who cares -- IT'S FREE!!! You'll need a Microsoft Passport account and valid USPS address. Got a Hotmail(tm) account? That should work here, too. )

Here's the URL link, along with the questions (and their answers):

Free USB drive! It’s probably only 32MB or something stupid, but I though I’d share anyways. Just click on the “Valuable Information” link to the right, and use the answers below.

http://www.microsoft.com/mysterysolved/corp

Here are the answers to the four questions:
    Q1. How many ways are there to obtain a full Microsoft® Windows® Desktop license?
    Answer:: 2

Q2: Volume License Agreements cover Windows Desktop operating system upgrades only.
    Answer: True

Q3: OEM operating system licenses are non-transferable.

Q4: The most cost-effective way to acquire an initial, full underlying Windows Desktop license is preinstalled.

Good luck -- and enjoy!!!

-rad
    Contrary to what it says... you can fill out an address for anywhere in the world not just a valid USPS postal address....

Anyways..

Enjoy,
    HT

AOs Resident Troll
    Thanks HT...

See if I get one...

Price is right

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Well I put 3 in the first, and I'm still getting a Fob. Lessee 1) OEM, 2) Direct Purchase, 3) Campus Agreement.

Oh, well, they said they'd send it. Maybe there are no wrong answers, HT.

Maybe it wasn't really Microsoft ...

What I guess is, if you give all the four answers correct, they won't send you any usb flash drive because you already know the information on it.
    \"And life is what we make it. Always has been, always will be.\"

AO Senior Cow-beller
    How long until the Anti-MS privacy wonks start peddling drek about the drive having code to infest your system with Genuine Microsoft software detection code and reporting data home. But just to be safe, I'll open mine in Linux, first.

Seriously...my company gave a ton of usb drives away this January. They look very similar. Exactly the same, in fact, except it has our name instead of Microsoft, and the sides are black, not blue. It's not the most finely crafted flash drive I've ever had, but it IS a USB2.0 drive, 128MB capacity. If the Microsoft ones are the same, it's certainly worth the time and effort to fill out the forms and wait for it to arrive.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Hm i live in an apartment, wonder if theyll send it here too.....maybe its only for compnay uses....
    O.G at A.O

Banned
    Well... the Sr. Administrator of d0ppy.com just got his sent out.

lol...

w00t can't wait for my 32 mb lol i'm just mad you have to wait 6-8 weeks for delievery..
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Hmm i wonder if i can use a hep of different hotmail accounts and get a heap of these sent to the one addresse..?

Other then that, sounds like a half decent offer there..

cheers
    f2b

Buddy f2b, they are sending those to your home address not your hotmail address
    \"And life is what we make it. Always has been, always will be.\"