Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Free USB Key from Microsoft

Originally posted here by :Singh:
    Buddy f2b, they are sending those to your home address not your hotmail address
    I know that. I meant that if i create a heap of fake hotmail email accounts, and then use those fake accounts as the contact email addresse, that they ask for in the postal details. So that they can send 'em out to your house..

Then i would just use the same postal addresse for each time i re-apply for the usb device..

Would that work?

f2b

sorry if i'm not making sense, i think i've had a few tomany to drink..

Hmmmm..............

The transfer of OEM licences is interesting. Actually, they consider the MoBo to be the "computer", so if you change that, they want you to buy another copy of the OS.

I know that. I meant that if i create a heap of fake hotmail email accounts, and then use those fake accounts as the contact email addresse, that they ask for in the postal details. So that they can send 'em out to your house..

Then i would just use the same postal addresse for each time i re-apply for the usb device..

Would that work?
    It probably would if you made them each out to someone else:

John f2b
    Greg f2b
    Joe f2b
    Matt f2b

They might all be your brothers who have registered Windows systems

Cheers,

-jk

Originally posted here by nihil
    Hmmmm..............

The transfer of OEM licences is interesting. Actually, they consider the MoBo to be the "computer", so if you change that, they want you to buy another copy of the OS.

Hmm and i always thought that it was the Hard Drive that they considered to be the computer, and once you replace it you then had to get a new license before installing windows again.

Hi Fronties~

With the HDD, you just replace it and reload the OS. You then have to re-activate Windows.

It is all embedded in the MS EULA. Unless you replace a failed MoBo, that is considered to be a new machine.

Obviously, you can add memory, CD, DVD, HDDs and the like, as that is upgrading.

I only have 1 hotmail acct., and I just filled out 2 orders with my g/f name and my name and same address, it went thru, but will have to wait and see if it actually works.

I just filled it out too... Now let's see whether they actually send it to you or that its some kind of advertising scam

Its been a while now since the last post (over a month), has anyone recieved a USB key from Microsoft? I'm still waiting for mine..
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Hey Hey,

I just went back to the site and the image now says "Supplies now Gone"... also this is at the bottom

*This offer is available in the U.S. only while supplies last. USB drive is 16MB in size. Limit one per customer. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery.
    Looks like those of us outside the US won't get it.. and if you went after visiting this post.. it's still to early to tell if you will get it or not.

Peace,
    HT

Ht i recieved an email a few days latter saying that i couldn't get one, because i'm not an US resident, so i got a mate to order one, and it still has not arrived.

f2b.!