Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speedfan - how to configure

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar

Speedfan - how to configure

Hi guys

i got speedfan to monitor my temp and fan speeds etc. The problem is I dont really know how to configure it. I have read the help manual however it doesnt seem to pick up my card. Any help would be appreciated.

Possibly incompatible. I Have never been that impressed by third party monitoring tools............they either work or they don't.................mostly don't for me

Try this:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...PC-Probe.shtml

You have an ASUS board, and that is ASUS software.

Re: Speedfan - how to configure

Originally posted here by Cider
    Hi guys

i got speedfan to monitor my temp and fan speeds etc. The problem is I dont really know how to configure it. I have read the help manual however it doesnt seem to pick up my card. Any help would be appreciated.
    Hi

This site may be able to help you out....

Speedfan FAQ

Also
    Pointers

Luck....
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

That might not have been the best answer I gave you................

it doesnt seem to pick up my card
    I took that to mean your video/graphics card? it is much more modern than your MoBo, hence my comment.

Banned
    Aloha

Speedfan is usually off.

Use Everest Home Edition

I wouldn't trust Everest either. I have it on this machine and the temperature values it gives out are hilarious, like 70 degree fluctuations +/- in a few seconds.

I have beta tested this stuff in the past and in my experience it doesn't work. the writers of the third party software are usually unable to get the data they need from the MoBo manufacturers.

Do we really need vari-speed fans or controllers? Well maybe for heavy gamers etc., but at least not for my set up. I occasionally check the CPU & Main Board Temps and they stay very stable (always on the cool side really). But I move a a lot of air through our cases and in particular mine. I have to be careful that the dog doesn't get to close to the intake. I'd hate to see him spit out the back of the computer and he's almost a 100lbs! Poor little pooch would have to go see a shrink after that ordeal. I am considering putting a bug-zapper near the intake screen though..

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

Do we really need vari-speed fans or controllers?
    I don't think so..................just one more thing to go wrong.

One point I didn't make is that the MoBo manufacturer may have put in sensors for the temperatures and fan speeds, but they need to add circuitry for software to control the fan speeds.....................most don't.

I will only rely on software supplied by the MoBo/computer manufacturer, and I test that with a laser guided spot thermometer.

If the thing runs hot, add more fans and tidy up the cabling so you have decent air-flow.

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    Hey Nihil, I seem to like Pc probe, its quite simple and easy to use. Thanks
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

the asus pc-probe is a bloody useful tool.. (of course you need a asus mobo).. the logging is a bloody life saver.. helped solve many a problem with systems over the past few years..

pitty the other progs arent as easy to use or at least have a decent logging function..(mind I ve only used the freebies.. but the freebie is a good indicator to the full version)
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr