Thread: a question fo linux users

a question fo linux users

can anyone help me.........i would like to know witch linux os being offered right now are the best to use.......thank you very much for you time

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Been here close on three years and this is the best question that you can give .........
    there are threads aplenty about OS's
    there's a whole section here just on OS's

if you check out the links at the bottom of this thread, you will see six threads with a common theme ........

yet you haven't added any details as to :
    What you have tried ?
    How long you have tried ?
    Which versions you have tried ?
    Your level of experience ?

just add some details, and you will get a far better response from the membership
    put yourself into their shoes, and re-read the post ......

where would YOU start with an answer ?

try again
    try harder
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

well i have tried redhat 9.0 and 7.2, but that was about 2 years ago

and im trying to get back into the open source systems, that's why i was wondering what is new and improved...................thank you

Take a look in this forum dood,

http://www.antionline.com/forumdispl...s=&forumid=680

The first thread may be of interest to you!

Asking which Linux is best is like asking which pair of shoes is best.

The first person to reply is right.
    Tell us what you want to do - and we'll tell you what to do it with. How's that for a deal?
    If you are just starting with Linux, may I suggest SUSE, Ubuntu or RedHat..
    Definitions: Hacker vs. Cracker
    Gentoo Linux user, which probably says a lot about me..
    AGA member 14460 || KGS : Trevoke and games archived

Re: a question fo linux users

Originally posted here by TAIWL
    can anyone help me.........i would like to know witch linux os being offered right now are the best to use.......thank you very much for you time
    Dude, they're all free or almost so. Try a bunch of them until you find your preference. Check out Gore's Tutorials on how to install many of them.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

T3h Ch3F

Re: a question fo linux users

Originally posted here by TAIWL

As Foxy pointed out..............3 years and you are asking smacktard questions?

I heard about a device one can wear, I read about it on a super undercover L337 site that I infiltrated, I think the group is called Tazmanianhackers or some bold shiz like that.

I mean these guys are so blackhat the fuggin band skips when they dance!!!!!

d00dz that wear this cannot be tracked. Its a Garb-Proxy.

http://www.abcunderwear.com/elephant-thong.html

This is in Jest. I suggest you do some personal research. Read some reviews, try some out...decide for yourself. OS's are much like friends. Complicated, and in many cases not worth the effort.

Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

I agree - try as many of them as you can and then choose which one is best for YOU. We cannot help you decide that - download a bunch of distros (Distrowatch is a good reference) and install them all on a spare computer, as a dual boot on your computer, or even in a VM (check my 'other tutorial'). Then, select the one you feel the most comfortable with and stick with it. Grab some Linux PDFs and learn the commands - this search should help you. If you're still looking for more information, PM me and I'll send you the best tutorials I've got. Oh, and don't forget to read RUTE.

And if you're still having trouble making your mind up over which distro to choose, go over to the Linux Distribution Chooser and test the distros it returns - that should keep you busy for a while

Cheers,

-jk

Originally posted here by J_K9
    I... - download a bunch of distros ...
    J-K9, you are such an evil genius. That should keep him/her busy for quite some time. Might get another post from TAIWL in about three more years, give or take, depending on TAIWL's bandwidth.