Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LED Construction Sign Hacking

LED Construction Sign Hacking

Hey Hey,

So around TO, a person or persons have been hacking LED construction signs and displaying environmental-friendly messages.. It's rumored to be a group of the University of Toronto, but there's no proof to that..

http://www.ecogeek.org/content/view/31/1/

So why am I posting this here... Check out the comments attached.... The number of American's that are posting and calling this a terrorist act... I'd like everyone here's opinion... show me that these people calling it terrorism are only the idiots of the US and that everyone doesn't think that way...

Peace,
    HT

I like it..

But I'm a Dutchie so no-one cares about my opinion..

Me and some friends did a feasability test on this with dutch 'matrix' signs..
    They have all lame texts like "I love Driving slow" and "I love Seatbelts" (the part after 'I love' translated for your viewing pleasure).
    For one.. those signs are treating drivers like stupid kids..
    Secondly they **** with our beloved Dutch language by using the English "I love" instead of "Ik hou van" but if they'd not use the English it would sound to lame.. well guess what it sounds like to the majority of drivers that do know english (as opposed to our government)..

Too bad we found it to be impractical and too high risk..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Re: LED Construction Sign Hacking

Originally posted here by HTRegz
    The number of American's that are posting and calling this a terrorist act... I'd like everyone here's opinion... show me that these people calling it terrorism are only the idiots of the US and that everyone doesn't think that way...

Peace,
    HT
    ?? What are you talking about HT?? Only one person called it the work of terrorists. All the other comments were basically bashing him/her.

Number of Americans = 1 (one). Other said they consider it a bad idea, but I wouldn't know if they were from the states or Canada.

Personally I think it is a bad idea, but cute at the same time.......so go figure.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Hey Hey,

It was actually threeish that said it was Terrorism or "technically terrorism"... that's enough people for me ...

Peace,
    HT

But only one that was stated as being from the states.

Your prejudices is showing again HT.
    Damn, when I started to read the comments, I expected them to be packed with nuts and all I found was fruits. (j/k)
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

I'd like everyone here's opinion... show me that these people calling it terrorism are only the idiots of the US and that everyone doesn't think that way...
    My opinion is "Who cares?"
    No, I don't think it is terrorism.
    Yes, I am from the US.
    Yes, I am an idiot.
    No, I don't think that way.
    So, I guess I am an idiot from the US, but I don't care whether someone calls it terrorism or a childish prank or cool.
    I do not speak for other idiot americans, just myself.

HtRegz saiz: show me that these people calling it terrorism are only the idiots of the US. ......It was actually threeish that said it was Terrorism or "technically terrorism"... that's enough people for me ...
    I take exception to those statements!

There are obviously more than 3 idiots in America. I meet 'em all the time.
    ZT3000
    Beta tester of "0"s and "1"s"

AO Part Timer
    HtRegz
    This is an old trick, I recall it in 2600 a few years ago. Might even have the read if anybody wants it.

I am gonna go out on a limb here so please don't push me off !! The signs are not physically secured. Which puts them higher on the "pwned list" Mix 2 parts opinion and 1 part message and you have the signs being reprogrammed.

Terrorist fly airplanes into buildings, and wear sneaker bombs. I personally say if this is the worst the group has to offer compaired to violent protests, then by all means hack all the signs in the tri state area.

Realistically, the message could have been worse. Using lots of profanity and lack any substance at all. "Yes your honor I changed the message on the sign. I did no breaking or entering, left the violent protest at home, and used my right to freedom of speech."

Bottom line if you leave chalk and a board somebody will write on it.
    Your heart was talking, not your mind.
    -Tiger Shark

The DoD definition is:

"the calculated use of unlawful violence or threat of unlawful violence to inculcate fear; intended to coerce or to intimidate governments or societies in the pursuit of goals that are generally political, religious, or ideological."
    So where is the violence? it is a lot tamer than Greenpeace, and no one calls them "terrorists"

At best you might describe it as "vandalism", a bit like grafitti.

Dutch is half assed German.

Americans think a squirrel stealing bird feed is a terrorist act.

I think this is funny even though it's a bunch of tree huggers.

Had it been me doing this I would have made it say tubgirl.com or something actually offensive.

I'm not going to that web site, I can tell already it'll piss me off.

I've done worse with salt on people's lawns to spell funny things in the grass.