Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Retards?

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    This week's retard:

hi there,

I am looking for someone who can hack into the university of Manchester server for me and get access to some exmination papers if you think you can do this then please let me know as soon as possibly so i would attache some details for you.

I am willing to pay up to $ 3000 for 5 papers each for $ 600 for this work.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Regards,
    Shahram
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Howdy.

Thehorse, i recieved the Pm first, so don't even think about claiming the $600 bucks.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Hey TH, would it be unethical to notify the University of this activity?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Originally posted here by MsMittens
    Hey TH, would it be unethical to notify the University of this activity?
    Hell no, why would that be unethical? You are notifying an agency/company/entity that you've seen information (on the 'net, so potentially unreliable) that someone is soliciting for crimes against that agency/company/entity. It's a polite heads up, in my book.

But I am curious...maybe I am missing a piece of the puzzle. What makes you think it could be unethical?
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Giving what is "perceived" as private information (user info) to the university.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Oh! /me slaps forehead

You mean, sharing info we as mods can garner about the user to the U? That IS a good question. Check your PM box.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Originally posted here by MsMittens
    Giving what is "perceived" as private information (user info) to the university.
    I can't imagine you could get into trouble for providing the university with something this ninny gave to you freely.
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

I can't imagine you could get into trouble for providing the university with something this ninny gave to you freely.
    If it was the US, I'm sure the words "lawsuit" and "lawyers" would be whipped out faster than you can say.. "schmuck".

Freely he may given it but it is the "perception" of privacy that is critical, IMO.

Well...(/me cracks knuckles)...with my immense legal background watching reruns of Law & Order on TNT, I think I'd be happy to go to court on that case. I think it's funny how the young-ins of this world seem to think that privacy on the Internet is somehow guaranteed. Look at all the MySpace and FaceBook issues that are coming up. Students are posting images of themselves on FaceBook doing all kinds of illegal things like drinking underage, vandalism, and hazing and then wonder why the schools are busting them. Let's put it into another context and see if it's any different:

You get a letter in your mailbox that says, "I'm will pay you $6000 to steal my friend's car." Does the sender still have an expectation of privacy? Maybe he has an expectation that YOU get the message unread by anyone else (part of his agreement with the USPS when he buys a stamp), but it seems to me that the privacy stops there. The letter has been delivered, and it is now yours to do with what you will. I could probably cite the appropriate Law & Order episodes with similar premises, if you'd like.
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

Yes but we have one of those user agreement policies and specifically: a Privacy Policy. Add something like this into the mix and it does muddy the waters a bit. It ain't just "youngins" that seem to have this perception.