Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Licence removal

Question Licence removal

Is it possible to remove a licence on an mp3 file? i downloaded music from my rhapsody and i uploaded it to multiply.com. when i re-downloaded it the licence is still attached to the file and i want to burn it to a cd. is there any way to remove the licence on it? just curious...thanks for reading!
    Liz

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Yep. There is a way that werkz 100% of the time.

What's that?

Buy the song.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Yep... go buy the CD! You wont need to burn one then!

-Deeboe
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

http://tazforum.**********.com/

Is this a security site?

Maybe I should look at the front page more often when logging in, perhaps I'm missing something.

W E L C O M E--------T O--------A O
    --------------->> H A C K E R S--------I N S I D E <<-------------------
    <blink> <blink> <blink> <blink> <blink> <blink> <blink>
    ZT3000
    Beta tester of "0"s and "1"s"

AOs Resident Troll
    xthisxisxmex

Let me give you a tip....

Dont ask how to bypass liccensing....that is an illegal activity and is not tolerated here at AO

You will just get negged

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Blast From the Past
    not tolerated but very often praticed....

some days i really wonder how many people say dont download, then minimze the window and open up limewire...

at any rate... dont download... its illegal
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

xthisxisxmex:

Nothing beats getting the original CD (and if you have the program [there are plenty out there in the www], you can covert the wav files into MP3). If you have a CD burner, say NERO, you can just write the files into a CD--but use the DATA format instead of music CD so that the files are converted into the MP3 format.

I have plenty of issues against downloading MP3s particularly with such peer-to-peer networks as Kazaa due to the preponderance of spyware, malware and trojans that piggyback with the downloads and encroach on the computer system itself. My sister even tipped me off of one site that deliberately asks the user to allow the installation of "WhenU" malware/spyware when you download a MP3 file (and there are others that go by that method as well when it comes to downloadable games).

Additional caution, however, should be exercised with regard to original CDs having rootkits (this has been discussed in older threads here in AO particularly with Sony CDs).

There is no such thing as free MP3; there's always a catch and, whether they are benign or not, the fact is the individual downloading the so-called free MP3 has to give something back.

... and we are not yet dealing with the ethical issues here of the intellectual property rights!

-Goitz
    Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Limewire?! OMG, Kazaa? Evil Kazaa? You'd be crazy to run anything other than torrents.

Fwiw, downloading via BitTorrent, Kazaa, or Limewire is, in and of itself, hardly illegal. Downloading SOME copyrighted material, now that's a different story. But there's a lot of legit apps and iso's out there available via filesharing. And plenty of gray area.

Hollywood will never have to worry about me infringing on their intellectual property rights. That's a bit of an oxymoron, isn't it? Intellectual property, and Hollywood? Now PBS and BBC, they better watch out.

“Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Also.. remember when downloading music.. Download it in a good free, and preferrably lossless format..
    That way the music lasts..

I will only go and buy new CDs from big firms as soon as they replaces my scratched CD's for material price and posting and packaging.. let's say.. 5 dollars....

Or if someone brings out a good CD.... Hey that sounds good...

*the_JinX is off to buy some good CDs at http://www.c64audio.com/
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Hi Liz,

Please forgive my ignorance:

Is it possible to remove a licence on an mp3 file? i downloaded music from my rhapsody and i uploaded it to multiply.com. when i re-downloaded it the licence is still attached to the file and i want to burn it to a cd. is there any way to remove the licence on it? just curious...thanks for reading!
    So you actually PAID for this, but the DRM won't let you write it to a CD?

Who did you buy it from?

OH! and you don't remove the "license" just the DRM which is legal here, but I don't know about where you are?