Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: one liner.

one liner.

What’s the difference between an American tourist and a hippopotamus? 10 kg.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    I think Hippos are much more than 10kg lighter than American Tourists...

I have to admit, the absolute worst place in the world to be for the "observation" of overly large people who are inappropriately dressed, (read spandex, shorts, skimpy tops), is Disneyworld on a hot summers day... all that dangling flab and no place to hide... It's enough to make a man poke out his eyes...
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Another one liner I just made up:

What does a Frenchman do better than anyone else? Say I surrender in over 30 languages. (Mexico would like that joke, even they kicked France's ass, bet you guys love Cinco De Mayo).

Right on Gore!!

Raise your right hand if you like the French.... Raise both hands if you are French.

-Deeboe
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

http://tazforum.**********.com/

I've always liked this variation of an old joke:

"A Frenchwoman walks into a bar carrying a duck under her arm.
    The bartender says "HEY! You can't bring that pig in here."
    The Frenchwoman says "Excuse me...but that's a duck."
    The bartender says back, "Excuse ME, but I was talking to the duck."

Or:

What do you call a Frenchman with a sheep under one arm and a goat under the other?

A bisexual.
    \"We\'re the middle children of history.... no purpose or place. We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We\'ve all been raised by television to believe that one day we\'ll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won\'t. And we\'re learning slowly that fact. And we\'re very, very pissed off.\" - Tyler (Brad Pitt) Fight Club.

Originally posted here by Tiger Shark
    I think Hippos are much more than 10kg lighter than American Tourists...

I have to admit, the absolute worst place in the world to be for the "observation" of overly large people who are inappropriately dressed, (read spandex, shorts, skimpy tops), is Disneyworld on a hot summers day... all that dangling flab and no place to hide... It's enough to make a man poke out his eyes...
    After spending almost every summer of my life in Florida, and the last 10 years here year-round, I can assure you it's not just Disneyworld.

The really great thing is that most of the time, the spandex, shorts and skimpy tops are in eye-shattering shades of lime green, neon yellow, and hot pink. With large flowers.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

The hippo has a better chance of knowing how much 10kg is as well.

Historicaly, the R on renault gear boxes was for 'reculer' (Retreat).
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Noia, not sure how that's funny, since "reculer" is exactly as valid as "reverse" is.

Unless the joke is in your poor translation attempt?
    Definitions: Hacker vs. Cracker
    Gentoo Linux user, which probably says a lot about me..
    AGA member 14460 || KGS : Trevoke and games archived

oh yeah, well just dont forget about the french invaision of ... ummmmm... hmmmm.. ... ... ... nm