Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: one liner.

It's so easy to call someone a coward ... I think making fun of people that had to live through WWII or any war for that matter is an act of cowardice in itself ...

So if I was gonna make a joke about all the "american" deserters during WW2, Vietnam War and more recently Iraq that would be found funny right

So all the sacrifices made by the french people in the resistance was nothing compared to the surrender of France, a decision made by the leaders of a country ... not the population ...

During WW II, in the European Theater alone, over 20,000 US Military men were convicted of desertion.

I'm not defending the French or any nationality in any way, I couldn't care less about the French or someone making jokes about them ... But I think it's bad taste to make jokes about cowardism or other things that happened during any war ... It just shows a lack of respect ...

.C.
    Back when I was a boy, we carved our own IC's out of wood.

Cemetric,
    don't forget you are dealing with americans who in most cases have swallow the bush administrations propaganda about france since it refused to follow them to iraq. Most people forget that the British expeditionary force was retreating just as fast as the french army at the time. Also if the normandy landings succeded it was in large part thanks to the french resistance who blocked german panzer divisions from reaching normandy with little more than small arms and land slides. In any case this is the humor section and not really the place for a discusson like this.
    cheers
    muracu
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

Cemetric,
    don't forget you are dealing with americans who in most cases have swallow the bush administrations propaganda about france since it refused to follow them to iraq. Most people forget that the British expeditionary force was retreating just as fast as the french army at the time. Also if the normandy landings succeded it was in large part thanks to the french resistance who blocked german panzer divisions from reaching normandy with little more than small arms and land slides. In any case this is the humor section and not really the place for a discusson like this.
    cheers
    muracu
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

In any case this is the humor section and not really the place for a discusson like this
    Offcourse you're right ... And I don't want to continue this conversation here anyway ... Just could'nt keep from replying ...

.C.
    Back when I was a boy, we carved our own IC's out of wood.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Most people forget that the British expeditionary force was retreating just as fast as the french army at the time.
    That, of course, has _nothing_ to do with the fact that the French can't even do a proper job of creating a defensive line now does it???? (Maginot)

The French have always been next to worthless in conflict. Unfortunately, as time goes on, they seem to get more self serving and less able/interested in doing the right thing...

Funny really... France's most elite unit is the Foreign Legion, (I have several friends who served there)... The fighting men are "imported"... They were even quite happy to take ex-SS, nazis etc. after WWII... They still take anyone who can fight better than a Frenchman... and they are the only decent soldiers the French have.

Me, anti_French?.... You're damn right I am... Their history, their arrogance coupled with their backstabbing, devious, self serving nature has proven time and time again that they are the most worthless nation on earth... At least the others have a form of honor, the French have none...

Let's take it to Cosmos if you'd like... PM me the link...
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    strangely enough the 'resistance' didn't really exist until late 1943
    the communist resistance were merely stockpiling the weapon drops from the UK
    other groups were ex pat brit / french dropped back into the country to create havoc
    and every other bugger was learning the Horst Wessel

as for the Foreign Legion, I belive all their orders are in German
    and they were the ONLY french force to make headway in Gulf War I

as for importing anyone who can fight better than a frenchman !!!!!
    it does leave em quite a choice
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

The French love to talk about Americans, yet WE are the bad guys if we say France didn't help us?....

I live in America, I was born here. My heritage is German. Either way my people have PWNED yours. And either way your people have never liked us.

French hate Americans regaurdless of if Americans hate the French or not. All Americans are fat.... Well then how come you can't beat us ay anything ? Surely you'd have the advantage? If we are all fat stupid red necks like France seems to think.

If is wasn't for America, France would right now be known as "Klein Deutschland".

I honestly dont have anything worthwhile to add to this debate, but i just wanted to make a post as i found the orginal joke amusing at the least.
    I don't know why the joke was kind of lame, but sometimes it's the lame jokes that make a person laugh the most.

f2B

That's true.I made my cousin piss himself laughing by saying "the"...

AOs Resident Troll
    Well...being of french Canadian ...I am taking all this french bashing personally.....

And I guess because we Canadians didnt follow the states into this invasion of Iraq...this false war...based on lies ........I am double the coward....

I thought the original joke was funny

I didnt realize we had so many narrow minded bigots here at AO

pfft........it disgusting that people so intelligent normally...can be reduced to this

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer