Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Uhm. Hello?

Originally posted here by JP
    Why did this place die? Who killed it?

Now i could answer that question really easily, but then i would get banned for answering that question, so thus there is no chance that i will take the liberty of answering such mentioned question, but i'm sure that you could maybe work it out without even trying

Originally posted here by JP

Because you sold it.
    Therefore... you did!
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Too many chiefs not enough indians..
    Biggest mouth has the floor..
    No clear direction, vauge purpose, no leadership..
    a Ship with out a rudder.
    too many sites with a similar scope of purpose..that dont have the above issues

There are a few things that are immediate in my mind.

Have you worked where you are given the synopsis of a report on a areas problems then expected to deal with it fully ..with out having the full report to refer to.. this site is a result of that.
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

This place isn't dead, people just bitch and whine about how we need more good discussions here but you can't have one because then you get told you're a basher.

When you owned the site back when I first joined you could have a discussion without people calling you a Windows basher. Anymore they bitch and whine.

Like you said to me two years ago:

You have to start **** sometimes to keep it interesting.

AOs Resident Troll
    Hey there JP

Dont think we know eachother......but nice to see you back....I was a lurker for a while

As for the constant os vs os debate...I think we all know that NO os is secure unless you update it, monitor it and maintain it......doesnt matter what you run

Thing is I am in IT...and continue to work in IT because all my clients are windows based....... yes I know alot about the MS products......and am able to help out here at AO in that area.

What I like about AO is the diverse knowledge of the members and I gleen alot about presenting security issues to my clients and show them the need for them to spend dollars on securing their networks, servers and workstations

Keeps me in wine

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

I didn't see the OS vs OS thing on here, where was it?

Ask JP for some good Wine. He's got good taste in alcohol.

Blast From the Past
    im not that old on this site... january 2001 was my first name
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

AOs Resident Troll
    Gore...why do you take everything so personally

I have comfort in the fact that lots of people\businesses all over the world run MS products.....and after investing lots of dollars into these already.....they are not willing to convert. I have users the CANT live with out their outlook and excel....and it is REALLY hard to convince them to switch to open office (which btw I install on very home users machine that wants me to install ms office on thier machine...without the disk...or license )

I will have a steady supply of wine....no matter where I am

right into my old age....older age......(I have a birthday coming up)....so I guess I too qualify as an OLD member

MLF

Uhhhh.... What did I take personally exactly??

AOs Resident Troll
    This.....

This place isn't dead, people just bitch and whine about how we need more good discussions here but you can't have one because then you get told you're a basher.
    and this

back on topic............so JP.........your a wino too

MLF