Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Uhm. Hello?

Thank god I didn't ask everyone what they had for dinner last night. It might have started a holocaust.
    Better not go there...pork and beef can do that you know!

Eg

Banned
    Originally posted here by Egaladeist
    Better not go there...pork and beef can do that you know!

Eg
    Personally, it's the "fish" that does it to me........

Uhhhh JP...This is GCC not Roll Call

And what is wrong with Fish?

you guys are weird. "We might get banned for..." Banned for what? I think everyone has ponited out you aren't getting banned for something stupid like saying you think something is wrong here... I mean it would be nice to basehow you feel on fact rather than what you think may have happened or assuming it.

I've never banned someone for saying they don't like something about AO. If you don't like how something is going, start a thread say what you want about what you think is wrong, and actually put in some ideas on how to change the problem rather than saying "Well this sucks".

I'm not sure who came up with the mods here being Nazi but if it were true you'd be in a gas chamber by now. I asked for someone to tell me who was power tripping. The only member who was accused of that was Spyder and I had a talk with him and he stopped closing threads. Problem was solved.

So JP did you find the answer to your question earlier?
    Originally posted here by JP
    Why did this place die? Who killed it?

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Just to put out one fire in this God awful thread, I was the one who banned WhizKid, House929 or whatever he decides to call himself next.

If anyone wants to know why I did it, the PM door is always open.

I can assure you that I would never ban someone for expressing their opinion no matter how misguided and meaningless it may be.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Childish Moderators on a Power trip.....this is what I was referring to:

(I’m an not bothered about this which is why I have not mentioned it before, like I have said in the past, Arguing on the internet is like shouting at someone on the TV. But it does illustrate my point about one of the Moderators on AO, which is why I am posting it)

I negged Nihil for the following post:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...162#post900162
    With the following comment:
    Nihil, that has to be one of the most immature posts I have read here for a long while.

As far as I was concerned that was my opinion of his post - I didn’t agree with it and told him so. End of. I didn’t expect a 'mature' moderator to get in to a childish 'tit for tat' war.

He then negged this post of mine in retaliation:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...418#post897418
    With the following comment:
    Does the term "wanker" ring any bells? my little scouser lance jack..............actually, I do not believe you ever got that exotic.

So that’s AP abuse and two personal insults - I do believe if I had made this comment to him and negged a post that is blatantly not a justifiable post to be negged that I would have been banned by him.

I then PM'd this to him:

Nokia wrote on Today 06:57 PM:
    I did wonder how long it would take a mature old man with the intelligence of an 8 year old to neg me back.

I would have expected that from a child/teenager but hey, guess you are showing me your true colours and mentality.

I also have no idea why you keep referring to army rank, I am not even in the army anymore and if I was you could call me a recruit for all I care.

Now stop being so childish and start acting your age because all you are doing is showing how very childish you are and proving even more to people that they are right in their assumption that you are not capable of being a moderator on AO.

To which he replied:

nihil wrote on Today 07:14 PM:
    Sonny..........go play with yourself...... I am sure that you will get around to it sometime ..............
    quote:

I replied:

Re: Nihil, that has to be one of the most immature posts I have read here for a long

And that has to be one of the most immature PM's I’ve seen for a long time.

He replied

nihil wrote on Today 03:52 PM:
    When I need advice on maturity I will go to your GOC not some puffed up little NCO?

I replied:

Re: Nihil, that has to be one of the most immature posts I have read here for a long

O, nihil, if you not going to PM me anything remotely intelligent or at least above the intelligence of an 8 year old, please don’t PM me at all.

Your a Mod, I would suggest to you that you start acting like one and stop complaining about negative antipoints like some 8 year old Newbie.

Don’t bother to PM me again please.

And what my mates and corporals have to do with your pathetic post about ebay............well, obviously I would need to intelligence of an 8 year old to understand it.

Good day to you.

quote:

nihil wrote on Today 04:08 PM:
    Not heard from your mates recently then?.....corporal

My reply:

hmmmm, no intelligent come back...again...fancy that.

I then turned of my PM feature to stop him PM'ing me all this crap.

Now dong get me wrong I'm not complaining about this as to be honest I just don’t care, to me AO is a web site to receive and give help on IT matters. Nothing more, if nihil wants to neg every post I have made I don’t care about that, AP's are just little colourful dots to me and I don’t need them to make myself feel good or superior like some do around here.

I posted this to show the mentality of a so called Moderator and to back up my post about my opinions of a moderator.

And finally to illustrate the double standards between Moderators and members - I know 100% if that exchange with nihil was the other way around I would have been banned fairly quickly.

Just to reiterate - I am not complaining about this as I am probably as much to blame as he is for replying to the PM's and frankly I just find it hard to get worked up about it but is this the standard of moderator that should be modding this site? - No wonder members are stopping posting here...........

Ah, man. Hey JP, long time no see.

This thread is all the explanation you need.

peace.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

well I have been around since the beginning, or near enough. Maybe not as this userID but I have been here none-the-less (is that hyphenated?).

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    I havent bothered to read ALL the posts on this thread but shouldnt this thread after 10 some odd pages just die? hasnt it outlived its purpose? 10 pages later and we arent talking about what it orginally started out as lol.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

LMAO! Wow.. I love this site. You see, I don't frequent it as much as I used to for some reasons, and one of the main ones is in this thread. If you can't figure out what I'm talking about, don't ask either..

Oh, and JP: STFU. You know VERY FCUKIN WELL what you did by starting this thread. Otherwise you would have posted more in between the first and last few pages then you did. So seriously man, leave the site. Because as you can see, it's very much active and not "dead". Christ, sometimes I think it's worth losing being a moderator to ban you.. and I'd probably do it only for the sake of the fact that they can bring you back.. oh, and that you started this site..

As for the rest of this thread: I'm not going to sit here page for page and argue with anyone (atleast anymore).. If you all fail to see what JP is trying to do (again, might I add?).. then, I'm sorry.

*sigh*
    Space For Rent.. =]