Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Uhm. Hello?

Wanna know why this place has gone down the tube? Because its been advertised as a "Computer & Security discussion website", now you might ask what is wrong with that. A few things.
    Mainly, it brings the wrong kind of attention, we are getting far too many "How-to" and "Help-me" threads from 1 post users.

This site used to be about discussing the latest in cutting edge computer science, how these developments could affect other parts of the informatics comunity as a whole etc.

If you ask me, I suggest a second forum be set up to branch of the "Help me" crap.
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Banned
    And I don't see any reason to be offended by Nokia's remarks...he raises a legitmate question...and you want to immediately dismiss it.
    What's with the "being offended" stuff in this thread?

I didn't dismiss Nokia's concerns - I asked for clarification (hence the "Or how exactly does this work?" part).

f2b > It depends on the member, it depends on the moderator, and it depends on what is being said.

Neg,

It depends on the member, it depends on the moderator, and it depends on what is being said.
    Hummmmmmmmmm...so...the standards are made up individually on a case by case basis...you can't possibly agree Neg that's a good standard...errrr...no standard to work from.

You may have succumbed to the lower standards in replies but I know you're not stupid...to allow everyone to set their own rules.

Eg

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...0&pagenumber=1

Count threads in last 20 posts by JP.

at the begining, every two posts are bitching.

And like last time, he hasn't replied since.

Originally posted here by gore
    No one gets banend for speaking their minds. If that was the case I'd have been gone many times over.
    Gore there have been a few times when members have been banned for voicing there opinion's..
    Hmm Whiz voiced he's opinion, Witch happened to be about you... BAMM banned for persoanal attack..
    Hmm Negative just made a Personal Attack against Eg, but will he get banned or in trouble, no because the rules are for some but not for others..
    So then if members are not banned for speaking there mind, then you obviously banned WhizKid for another reason witch was....?

And seeing as that was the case, then that's a gross missuse of Mod powers so you should not be a Moderator, as you have used personal motives to abuse your power...

All well seeing as Members are allowed to voice there opinions then i guess i should start voicing mine..

f2b

Well...if JP's here just to stir things up and cause a fuss...ban him

Eg

EDIT: well said f2b!

Banned
    Nice try, Eg... Putting "standards" and "case by case basis" in one sentence... very clever...

I have a lot more to say to you - feel free to PM or e-mail me (I have to do it this way - otherwise, you'd pull your double standards crap again).

Banned
    f2b > whizkid has been banned indefinitely (and not by gore, no matter how much you'd like to believe that).

Neg,

My mailbox is always open. And if you have a lot to say to me you know where it is.

As for double standards...they exist...and there's no sense denying it...I think f2b put it very well in fact.

Eg

And didn't whiz come back as House?

Banned
    Hmm Negative just made a Personal Attack against Eg, but will he get banned or in trouble, no because the rules are for some but not for others..
    Hey now... that comment was entirely metaphorical (I'm pretty sure Eg knows exactly what I'm talking about). I think you need to re-read "the rules", btw.