Hello fellow members of AO. I need some assistance in resolving an issue. I am currently trying to install a wireless router, Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Broadband Router. To, two desktop PC's and one wireless laptop in a Doctors office. The Doctors office is running Sprint ADSL service sprint modem 645 series. I go through the steps the router instructs to do, it gets to 99% (step 3) and then it starts all over again.

Now, when I take it to my house which I also have 2 computers and the same sprint 645 modem I am able to install the wireless router within two minutes and have no promblems at all. Desktop PC works great so does the wireless with an excellent signal range.

This makes me think its a computer setting / configuration. The systems at the doctors office are static.

I tried several things: Installing the CD that came with the router. Again, followed all the steps never able to get past 99%.

Tried installing through the routers GUI.

Reset modem, routers countless times.

When I issue ipconfig /all to obtain 'Windows IP Configuration' it shows it's getting an IP address assigned by the router.

Open web browser try to surf page 'cannot be displayed.'

Tried to get email cant do that. Unable to find mail servers.

I configured the router to assign static addresses to the system. Didnt work. Next tried dynamic assigning still no luck.

Try to ping by IP address I don't get a reply. I try to ping by domain name (www.google.com)still not reply. However, the wireless system surfs the net perfect the two ethernet desktop PCs cannot surf the web.

Downloaded the linksys software from their website those 3 applications where it configures it for you. Didn't work.

After doing everything that I knew I called tech support as a last result.

I called Linksys tech support they informed me that the modem needed to be bridged first. So I briged the sprint 645 modem and still wasnt working. Next called sprint they walked me through bridging the modem (same steps I just did) I got off the phone with them, called Linksys back after being on the phone for an hour I was informed by another tech that the modem didn't need to be bridged. So from here I am getting two different answers. After trying all the steps linksys could provide still didnt resolve the issue.

The Linksys tech said to take it back after two hours of being on the phone. but I cant return it to the store I bought it from. So anyone have any ideas as to what configuration/settings I am missing? All systems are running windows XP pro with SP2. All browsers are IE.

This is a very simple job but its been one big hassle from day 1. Like I said take the router home hook it up all systems are surfing the net within two minutes. Doctors just not working.

Also, only reason I purchased linksys because thats whats installed in their other office but they have comcast cable instead of dsl. I would have recommended netgear over linksys.

Now, the doctors office orginal tech recommended the belkin router from home depot for 39.99 but I have had bad reviews about belkins? PLease help. All help is greatly appreciated.