Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is AO going "private"

Is AO going "private"

My Question to AO is this:

According to a certain Moderator's (gore) comments it seems/appears this site will not be open to the public soon as all decisions by the Mods will be arbitrary..like it or lump it.

However, this is a pre warning (NOT TO YOU MB as I know someone will think I'm making a threat, or take it wrong anyway) this bullshit on AO, and this stupid **** going on dailey, WILL end soon.

My next revision of my policy is going to pretty much take care of it. I'm tired of it, and so is everyone else. This is a security site and it is going to be again. And the people who think they are going to post and ruin threads or post stupid things like what waffles they eat, aren't going to stick around.

so get it out while you can. whine, complain, bitch about what AO used to be while doing nothing about it, and post random crap all day long, have a ball, because it's ending very soon.

Why? Because I'm fed up. The last week I've seen on here:

Pron

Whining

And enough drama I should sell it off to a TV station. (We can get Larry the cable guy to play JP)

And JP attempt to start threads but then those get runed by more personal bullshit.

That's what I've seen.

This isn't your damn tech support for software you don't know how to use, or hardware you stuck in the microwave and it quit working. This is AntiOnline, a security web site, and zero tolerance of anything else, is coming soon.
    So this site will stop being a place for Joe Q to come to and ask questions or to opine (as O'Reilly would say)

I would be interested to hear how you or any of the other Mods are going to do this, please explain, sort of give us a point by point example of what is considered okay and what is not okay. What is okay for you and is not okay for me, or what is not okay for you and is okay for me?

Are you going to remove Cosmos, GCC, Addicts?

To become a private member will there be dues...what are the qualifications needed to join, will there be tests?

Zero Tolerance...hhhmmmm where have I heard that term before...?sounds like it's my way or the highway for everyone...

I was under the impression that "Moderators"....well.... moderated things....sort of like someone overseeing a debate, allow both sides to make their points and to ensure the personal crap was left out.....stay in the background as much as possible, not get too involved in the debate, unless of course they started it....

So far all I have seen by a few mods is petty squabbling and bickering, that JP thread was a prime example of mods gone crazy.....

The closing of threads because you think it should be closed, is out of line...this is as far as I know a "Community"......and every community has it's foibles...live with it.

I would like to think the vast majority of people/members on this site are mature enough to understand that everyone here brings something to the table, not just the few who would like to think so.....

If the elite feel that this site has too many vagabonds, then they should maybe make an elite forum and call it the elite forum and only allow other elite's to join in their discussions....keep the dregs of society away.

Now I know there are going to be a few neg trigger happy types wailing away at this, but as far as I am concerned be my guest.....
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Dalek, you are probably jumping the gun. The site isn't going "private". But "discussions" like those brought up have been more disruptive and more immature, doing far more damage to the community than helpful. There is no intention to remove forums like GCC, Cosmos, Addicts, etc. And yes, the "soccer mom" can still ask for help but there is an intention to move towards a more professional view of things. To this end, eliminating the side dramas would be a good thing and focusing more on issues at hand -- whether in-depth systems autoposies or helping the "average Joe Q".

As for the role of moderators a few things to keep in mind: we are human like you and can react to events that happen, sometimes with the same fervor of a regular member and maybe more so in some cases. While we try to stay in the background and tend to let things happen, some things are getting too severe and are turning members off so there may need to be some extra "kindergarten teacher" duties to deal with that.

Does this help clarify it some what?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

your both wrong.

only the elite few of us with our decoder rings truely know the fate of antionline.
    mwahahahaah.

MsM, why is it that when you put it like that I totally agree with you 100% but yet when some other Mod's try to put the same point across it comes over as........well different?

Maybe some pointers to some of the Mods to help them go about modding the site in a way that doesn't annoy most of the members could also contribute to the 'revamp' and maybe bring members back to the site? The quote in Daleks post is a prime example of this - it basically says what you have said but it is presented in a completley different way which doesn't leave a reader with a good impression of things to come, yet when I read your post I get the impression that things look better for AO in the future.

If Mods didn't annoy anyone we wouldn't be doing our jobs. And the reason it came of "difefrent" is the same thing I bring up all the time "Whatever gore says will be mis quoted and used against him even if it wasn't him saying it".

I heard jupmedia were going to do that noble type thing and give Antionline back to the people !

They only bought it from JP so they could free us. see, JP had an evil cousing who took over when he left for the crusade and then......... no wait that was robin hood.

or something like that involving decoder rings and stuff

P.S the views i the above post are entirely my own and in no way reflect what I may have typed tomorrow when sober.

Kumbaya my lord kumbaya.

If Mods didn't annoy anyone we wouldn't be doing our jobs. And the reason it came of "difefrent" is the same thing I bring up all the time "Whatever gore says will be mis quoted and used against him even if it wasn't him saying it".
    Maybe you could try to change the way you talk to people then?

If Mods didn't annoy anyone we wouldn't be doing our jobs
    This kind of sums up in one sentance the exact reason you do not make a good moderator.

MsM, Neg, Horse seem to do a very good job of modding the site without annoying people or crying everytime something is said against them. Maybe you could ask them for a few Modding pointers because IMHO you are one of the main reasons this site is going down hill at the moment and driving too many members away. Refer to Dalek's quote if you want the proof that you so often cry about.

who ? me.

right , thats it, me and you on the antionline front lawn right now.

I will take my decoder ring off so it doesn't decode on your fore head.

Banned
    Originally posted here by mark_boyle2002
    who ? me.

right , thats it, me and you on the antionline front lawn right now.

I will take my decoder ring off so it doesn't decode on your fore head.
    This is just a wild guess... I think he's talking about gore

gore, no one misquoted you or took your statements out of context. dalek's post is the raw truth, straight from the thread and post where you made the statements (that is assuming that you haven't deleted that post or thread by now). And, Nokia has a very solid point.

Somehow, I just don't think any of this is getting through or doing any good.