Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is AO going "private"

Well, someone had a nice bowl of no sense of humor for breakfast. *Sigh*

So first it's because I sound mean, then it's because of typos? Well, wow....

I can't be doing that bad, hell I got a PM a few hours ago saying I'm the only mod the person trusted.

So I'm trying to understand how to improve myself here to make everyone benifit.... I'm not getting much to work with here. right now it's been "The way I sound" and "Typos"... For Typos, well, I have 5 keyboards I use and it takes time to get used to all of them.

The way I sound, I can't really say much about that. It's text, the way it's typed, the way it's meant and the way t sounds are probably three different things, I could blame it no me learning 4 languages right now and when I type here I'm switching, back and forth, in my head, between English, German, and Spanish.

All this while trying to quit smoking. I don't usually bring my personal problems here though because it's un-professional, but I can't say they dno't affect me at least a little.

However, it WOULD be helpful if someone had a list of complaints with me or others, and let me look it over. I think I've been more than fair saying I'd even consider changing to make this place better. The fact I've asked for specific reasons, well, that's because I'm kinder than I'm being given credit for... And I don't get credit at all here.

First Neg was mean and bad, then we came along and HT was a bad mod and the things he said made him a bad person, then Spyder was a power tripping terrible mod.. And now it's me.

The "behind the scenes" stuff I do here I don't point out, I signed up for this so I don't ask for credit. Like when I went trhough each and EVERY post in OSs, merging threads that were about the same thing, renaming all those I need help threads to be something they were actually about and thus making the area more searchable, then starting to do so in GCC, while at the same time going against my better judgement and replying here because for some reason I felt I owed it to the community.

Dalek.... The Middle finger thing is a Joke, Marilyn Manson put it on a CD, I shot to high I guess thinking anyone got it.

What do you want? Me to lose my sense of humor so we can all be angry postal worker types who don't get along? I used to get added to the list of thanks for my humor and making people laugh, now I'm just a dick with an ego...

I think one thing MsMittens does well is communicate in a tactful, non-threatening manner. There is a tendency (and I go wrong here myself) to act like everything is a debate, and the most important thing is to win. The other person is seen as a foe to be overcome. In this vein, the object is not just to communicate truth, but it is to be seen as "right."

If you read MsMitten's post, she didn't make accusations or charges against anyone. There was not a, "Why did you do this? Why didn't you do that? Why you...^@#*$**^((!!!!!!!! Instead, there was a simple statement of facts. The focus was on the community and not her own feelings and grievances. She did not analyze other people's motives nor did she comment on their character. Instead, she described the community situation as she sees it.

To me, this is a good example of what a moderator does. The focus is off of self and on the community as a whole.

The communication here was on the issues involved and not her own personal feelings about the issues.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Originally posted here by gore
    ... Me to lose my sense of humor ...
    Hmmm ... can't lose something you don't and never will have.

Originally posted here by preacherman481

To me, this is a good example of what a moderator does. The focus is off of self and on the community as a whole.
    Excellent post. This is the whole point. This thread is not about you Gore. It questions a post you made, but it has nothing to do with you - until you jumped in and made it about you.

Face it - this site has a lot more going for it than you and Spyder's behavior. No one's interested in the Gore show today. The question was about the direction of AO. It had nothing to do with you, but yet again, you've turned it into a Gore thread. Just for once, back off, be quiet, and let people talk about AO, without you jumping in the middle of it and dragging it off track.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Dalek.... The Middle finger thing is a Joke, Marilyn Manson put it on a CD, I shot to high I guess thinking anyone got it.
    Oh I got it...the question is did you?

Do you understand content/context...

Context is how your sentences become constructed to sound like....what may appear as simple text to you in a worded sentence may come across as being rude to others....you seem to have a tendancy to jump in with both feet before the brain clicks in...happens when people talk as well...mouth say's something and the brain goes oops I meant something else....too late (unless your quick enough to delete the post).

You get way too defensive at the drop of a hat...why is that....do you really seriously believe everyone is out to get you.....I think everyone would like it if you modded with some responsibility, everyone has been willing to give you the opportunity to do so, but yet each time someone starts a thread or responds to a thread in a way you don't approve of, you get on your high horse and start going on about " didn't ban whiz" or I didn't ban that person...who gives a rats as* who you banned and when, it's how you currently respond to other members now that's in question.

Oh and it's June so leave the April Fools joke alone...
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

It's really quite simple...you don't see TheHorse13, MsM or Neg asking how they can be a better mod...or complaining that they are misunderstood...or making over-bearing administrative decisions, ( this is the way it will be like it or not cause I'm the king of this castle )...or insulting people who disagree...or trying to make others feel like their opinions don't matter...etc...

they lead by example...you might want to try that yourself.

Eg

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Gore, I really want to stay out of these discussions... But I have to add my 2 cents...

Whether you like it or not, this place is a form of democracy. The Mod's are supposed to make this a pleasant place for the COMMUNITY. It seems people think you are not doing this??

I think I've been more than fair saying I'd even consider changing to make this place better
    No no gore, you HAVE to change in order to stop most of this drama. Not who you are, but how you at least present yourself maybe?

I think in all fairness we should make a big list of what gore needs to do/change and how. Because for the love of god we need to stop all of this drama!
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

I think in all fairness we should make a big list of what gore needs to do/change and how. Because for the love of god we need to stop all of this drama!
    I don't think we can lay blame on any one person. This "drama" involves a lot more than gore. And I deserve some of the blame myself.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Good Evening ALL

Well I'm sure we're all ready for a little less "Days of Our (AO) Lives" and more quality "Security Related" threads. So in that spirit, I look forward to seeing the improvement, participating, and the like.

It will take cooperation by everyone and some patience occasionally. Some things just lite us up. I know once-in-awhile I carry on like I sat in the whole bag of Miracle Grow.

Connection refused, try again later.

this whole thread seems to be, in its original intent, a fair question, but it seems to me to have degenerated into the type of argument no one wants to see here anymore...and i think the worst part of that is, you are all mods or senior members or whatever who have been with the community for a long time

i guess you've all been together so long that now it seems you can't help but argue tritely with oneanother

i ask that you all just say "**** it", stop worrying about the bullshit, and start talking security as it makes reading threads here a whole lot more interesting
    what is love but contempt for hate?