Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is AO going "private"

That's cute Nokia, to bad the ones tyou say are doing the bets job are, not saying who, one of them,, bans the people you bitch about being banned all the time.

See they aren't any better or worse, they just didn't get caught. And you didn't assume it was them.

and no, I'm not changing how I am. I don't like the way you talk to me but it doesn't mean you're going to change it.

Like I said Neg, enjoy your vacation You owe me big.

gore: I'm quite surprised you keep referencing Neg when in reality, it should be me you mean.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Well people still call you a shitty mod so I really can't say I gave you one. But I haven't seen "Neg Yuck Foo" in like 4 months.

Lol these people just don't get it, and the worse part is they think I don't get it. Vicious cycle it is.

I stand by it:

You people would bitch just as bad about them if you knew what modding they actually did. But you dno't, so you assume it's me doing it, you assume I did it, and then say how good they are at doign it. You're right they are better at modding than I am, they have been doing it LONGER, and they don't get caught doing the same **** I do that you bitch and whine about.

The best part is he really thinks I'm crying over it when, in actuality I simply asked WHERE I was being a shitty mod. Lol I love how someone expects you to improve when you don't tell them where they are screwing up. That one is cute for sure.

Anyway, I'm going to plant some miracle grow so I can sprout a new middle finger.

It is posts like this gore that illustrate the point I am trying to make way better than I could possibly do in a post.

Why does banning or not banning a member dictate who is a good moderator or not?

Like Rapier says - it is not getting thorugh to you gore.

It is the way to speak to people that annoys them so much and makes then decide to go else where.
    It is the way to speak to people that annoys them so much and makes then decide to go else where.

If you changed how you speak to people, maybe people will be more polite in their replys to you and you would not have to complain about people 'picking' on you so much.

Just take a look at other moderators methods and the way they do things and you may see what I mean. Instead of complaining that other modderators dont get singled out, maybe try asking yourself WHY other mod's dont get singled out?

Just to point this out to you - im not 'having a go' at you, I am trying to politley point out to you why you seem to get everyones back up so often and why you seem to be at the forefront of any slaging off of the mods that may go on.

I know I'm asking for it with this one:

It's a forum, I'm not SPEAKING to any of you,so how is the "way I speak" horrid when you CAN'T hear me?

Lol, I'm going outside, to smoke, and when I come abck I want someone laughing, and explaining how "my speaking" is bad when none of you can hear me lol. Maybe there really is a HUGE problem in how I think when I type, and how you read it because I still don't think I've done anything wrong or rude in here.

Perhaps I should record myself talkign when I make a post, and that would help clear up how it was meant? Because this whole reading thing doesn't seem to be working for you.

Originally posted here by MsMittens
    Dalek, you are probably jumping the gun. The site isn't going "private". But "discussions" like those brought up have been more disruptive and more immature, doing far more damage to the community than helpful. There is no intention to remove forums like GCC, Cosmos, Addicts, etc. And yes, the "soccer mom" can still ask for help but there is an intention to move towards a more professional view of things. To this end, eliminating the side dramas would be a good thing and focusing more on issues at hand -- whether in-depth systems autoposies or helping the "average Joe Q".

As for the role of moderators a few things to keep in mind: we are human like you and can react to events that happen, sometimes with the same fervor of a regular member and maybe more so in some cases. While we try to stay in the background and tend to let things happen, some things are getting too severe and are turning members off so there may need to be some extra "kindergarten teacher" duties to deal with that.

Does this help clarify it some what?
    Absolutely...and thanks...

Anyway, I'm going to plant some miracle grow so I can sprout a new middle finger.
    Don't poke your eye out with it....
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

gore: For us to read and understand your posts implies that you take time to spell correctly, construct coherent sentences and have something of value to communicate.

I know I'm asking for it with this one:

It's a forum, I'm not SPEAKING to any of you,so how is the "way I speak" horrid when you CAN'T hear me?

Lol, I'm going outside, to smoke, and when I come abck I want someone laughing, and explaining how "my speaking" is bad when none of you can hear me lol. Maybe there really is a HUGE problem in how I think when I type, and how you read it because I still don't think I've done anything wrong or rude in here.

Perhaps I should record myself talkign when I make a post, and that would help clear up how it was meant? Because this whole reading thing doesn't seem to be working for you.
    I give up.

It's all very well and good people putting the effort in to trying to make this site in to a security site again but with so called Moderators making posts like this, it is going to be an uphill battle all the way. I would like to see AO back to its full potential but dont think it will happen whilst you are still acting like a kid who has been given his first taste of power and posts crap like this in to an ADULT discussion. I did wonder how long it would take to degenerate in to this.

Thanks for reminding me why I stopped posting on AO.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    it's a phrase
    but it DOES appear that you are NOT taking in what is being SAID

whether we type, write or speak, we still 'say' things here

you are being asked to take a step backwards before you jump into a thread
    no matter what the subject matter

moderating is about working in the background, allowing others to put down their thoughts / ideas / opinions
    it is not about effectively hi-jacking a thread to rant about how abused you are, and how mis-understood you are

you really do need to re-consider WHY you took the job of mod on ?
    if it IS so demanding / demeaning then just stop

PM to admin with your 'resignation'
    go back to being the [L]user abuser MEMBER you once were

but as a mod, you HAVE to remember that you are no longer a member, and you have to act accordingly..........
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

T3h Ch3F
    Originally posted here by gore

Lol these people just don't get it, and the worse part is they think I don't get it. Vicious cycle it is.

"These ppl." Come on Gore! it does not get much more condescending than that! Such an arrogant post.

Get over yourself.

Edit- "My next revision of my policy is going to pretty much take care of it. I'm tired of it, and so is everyone else." >>>>>>>>>>> Your policy? Damn did you buy teh site from Jup?
    Get some good religion from Bad Religion.