Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just one of those moments

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

Just one of those moments

Hi, I had a question for everyone. When sept 11th happened I was 16 years old at home faking a stomach ache when I wasnt really sick. Anyway I woke up turned on the tv and eventually figured out what the hell was going on. It was pretty scary for me for a while. My question is this: Is there anything in yall's lives that is "crystalized" like that? where you remember every detail? for my parents it was the day JFK was shot for my grandparents it was the day Pearl Harbor was bombed. im just curious. Thoughts?
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Blast From the Past
    you know the day sept 11th happened i was 13... and i was home ACTUALY sick... watching live on the news as the second plane hit...

deffinitly something to define our generation
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

when all that happened, i was in the middle of a argument with my partner, one minute we where arguing the next we where glued to the T.V listening and watching what had just happened..

pretty terrible stuff that happened..

kris.!

My first tought that day was ( i was in school ESL class)....damn i fled my country not to get killed asnd then this sh*t happens here....
    O.G at A.O

yep it was pretty bad, im here in Texas so im sure it affected me differently than someone who actually lived in New York but I just wanted to get a "world wide" persepective" on this question and see how it affected people around the world. Not a day I will ever forget.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

AOs Resident Troll
    I was at work...when my boss called saying she would be late...because a plane hit the WTC....as she was on the phone....she screamed..."OMFG......ANOTHER plane just hit...."

Just after that we lost our internet....

We listened to the CBC radio one....

The engineers rigged up a TV .....we watched the towers crumble......

The world as I knew it changed that day

MLF

Edit....another moment it time I will never forget was the night John Lennon was shot.....and Howard Cosell announcing it on Monday Night Football....
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

MLF, you made me think of something, my ex girlfriend's father was in the Canadian Royal Airforce ( I think thats whats its called) and he actually came down to the states to help us patrol right after Sept. 11th. So ya, big thank you to you Canadians and everyone else who helped.

now I have a 2nd edit. I wasnt alive when John Lennon was shot but I have seen the footage of exactly what you are talking about, MLF.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

They all pale to 9/11, but other things I remember pretty well:

The shuttle challenger explosion and Reagan being shot...
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

AOs Resident Troll
    Now I feel REALLY old...

I forgot about the Challenger....I remember that...the 2 headed dragon

Here another one ...to really date me...

Neil Armstrongs giant step for mankind

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Mine may not seem as dramatic nowaday's but the actual "The Eagle has Landed" moon landing I remember very clearly, sitting in front of the black and white tv, with the tinfoil wrapped around the antenna's (rabbits ears) and being mesmerized....

http://history.nasa.gov/SP-350/ch-11-1.html

At my age..indelible moments are many for my generation JFK,Martin Luther King, RFK, the Manson Murders, Moon Landing,Challenger,9/11....
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson