Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More Ranting from Cindy Sheehan

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

More Ranting from Cindy Sheehan

Cindy Sheehan was in Canada again praising deserters of the US Army and wishing her son deserted. This is why she disgusts me so much.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/0...AK66O0.html?45
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Join the club. The only saving grace is that this wasn't a big story because (1) only about one hundred people showed up for this and (2) Paris Hilton showed up for the music awards in New York.

I'm sorry for her losing her son (who obviously was a better person than she is) but that's as much credit as I'll give her; raising her son to be better than herself.

So what happens when the "far left" loses control of one of it's representatives? They shack up with Cindy Sheehan, Belafonte, etc. etc.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Well Korp we may not agree on Helmet Laws for motorcycles but it least we can agree that Cindy Sheehan has been polluting her son's legacy since the day he died.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Cindy Sheehan is a disgrace to her son... To the point where he deserved a better mother...
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Originally posted here by The Texan
    Well Korp we may not agree on Helmet Laws for motorcycles but it least we can agree that Cindy Sheehan has been polluting her son's legacy since the day he died.
    Hey Tex

I thought we had this sort of discussion once before, now I in no way condone desertion (ex-military myself), as Bytewrangler stated, it's not just the person deserting that is affected, and as to Cindy Sheehan, yeah okay, she is doing "her" son a disservice by proceeding to be guiled into believing this crap by the politicians who are using her grief to their advantage, (you may have even voted for some of them). But let's not forget for a moment that she carried this person around inside her for 9 mths, so hate her or loath her, until you give birth and lose a child to conflict, you will "never" know what it's like.

She isn't the first Mother or she won't be the last Mother to grieve the loss of her son (parents should never outlive their offspring, it's not right) due to other's incompetence/negligence/lack of foresight or plain uncommon sense.

The fact she chose Canada, disturbs me, because we also have troops in Afghanistan, fighting the good fight alongside US/UK troops, and I believe this only dampens their spirits more.

Nobody wants to be on the firing line, nobody wants to be John Wayne (unless they are phsycho) and if they say they are not scared then they are lying.

The crap that gets me is the everyday talking heads and politicians that continiously harp on the bad stuff, never the good stuff, my point....we are not there, so we should not spout off about so and so or whatever, walk a mile in her shoes, and then tell everyone your thoughts.

Also it's just words, if you are convinced in your feelings then whatever she say's won't affect you, or the other soldiers for that matter, some cultures treat the mad/insane with compassion or those who have lost loved ones with sympathy, you can argue all you want about politics, left/right whatever, her "son" aint coming home no more.
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Dalek I do feel sorry for her that she lost her son, I really do. But that being said I just TOTALLY disagree with every single thing this woman is doing. She is doing a service to no one. So far around 2500 soldiers have died in Iraq. More soldiers died in one battle in World War 2. but thats not my point. My point is im sure she is grieving just like all the other mothers/fathers who lost kids there but, how many of them do you see acting like she does? none that I can think of. Every word that comes out of her mouth hurts our soldiers NOT helps them. She may not like the fact that there is a war going on in Iraq but she needs to get over herself and realize that we are there whether she likes it or not. She should start showing some support. Also, I guess I should say sorry for that woman using your country to further her wacked out agenda whatever it is. Just remember I like Canada
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Hi Tex

Don't get me wrong, I too believe if I were in your shoes, listening to her talk would make me mad, however as a parent myself, I shudder to think if that were my son, what would I do.

You must "honestly" ask yourself if in fact out of all of those other (2500) grieving Mother's\Wives\Sisters\Fathers\Brothers, that there may be a few of them who secretly agree with Cindy Sheehan, but as they see the vilification she is going through they are maybe smart enough to stay out of the limelight? for fear of being branded a "traitor" or Bush hater or anything else that doesn't sit comfortably with the current administration.

In a true "Democracy" both sides of any issue, warts and all must be allowed to be played out, to censure or downplay the opposing view is...tyrannical maybe...?

So agree or disagree with Cindy Sheehan, at least show her son respect by maybe leaving his Mum alone..I don't know about you, but anyone who would show my Mother disrespect rightly or wrongly would earn my disrespect.

If you want someone to go after for the way they treat the soldiers, then aim your sights on these people.. http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/index.html compared to Cindy Sheehan she is a butterfly and they are the wasps...

Claude Swanson

Well Dalek I guess maybe its just time that I realize no matter how bad she pisses me off she is still gonna rant and rave and all of that is still gonna make me angry. I guess just follow the old advice "Ignore it and it will eventually go away" lol. Oh, by the way I agree with you as far as those godhatesfags people. That is about the worst thing I can think of, protesting at military funerals. Under no circumstances should that happen I dont care what you believe. That is just so wrong.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

We give Cindy too much credit. Women who murder their children in cold blood or lose them through extreme negligence grieve as well. We show no pity for them.

Homeless retarded people with no teeth who pee in the streets have more sanity than Cindy does. She is blind to her cause and it's effects. If not for the war, and the guilt we are supposed to feel her ass would be in some jail somewhere.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Originally posted here by RoadClosed
    We give Cindy too much credit. Women who murder their children in cold blood or lose them through extreme negligence grieve as well. We show no pity for them.

Homeless retarded people with no teeth who pee in the streets have more sanity than Cindy does. She is blind to her cause and it's effects. If not for the war, and the guilt we are supposed to feel her ass would be in some jail somewhere.
    Do you not think that after she tried to talk to Bush way back when he was at his ranch that she was doing this for herself, but since then she has become the puppet of those puppeteers who are against everything the current administration does or doesn't do.Don't you think that there are politicians who have agendas that they would use their own Mother's if they could to attack a sitting government, ignore the fact for a second that she lost a kid, and she is spouting off, who is feeding her the information, who is keeping this stuff alive, do you guy's not have an election coming up in November.

Comparing her to people who kill their own children is way off base, her son did two tours how many did you do, probably none like me, how many tours does it take for families to sit at home waiting for the dreaded news, do you seriously think you would be so blase about it, if it was one of your kids. quite the high horse we sit on eh!

Claude Swanson