Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: 7 Arrested in Sears Tower Plot

HT:

I find it difficult to listen to a person complain about some one else not standing up against their government when they them selves can't prove they'd do the same and make an actual difference. You always make all these bold statements and claims. You are safe and can make all these empty statements because you don't live here and prove your actions are as mighty as your mouth.

I rarely say anything on this site, but it chaps my butt when I have to sit here and see others make all these bold statements when it appears to me it is all talk. It's real easy for you to be so brave from your foreign seat. Have you stood up against your own country? Don't recall seeing you in the news? Are you the ALL seer now, how are you so sure no one standing up, because it's not in the news, the news you claim to be questionable to begin with?

Sit down, shut up and quit ruining my day
    There are two rules for success in life:
    Rule 1: Don't tell people everything you know.

Question Where do you stand?

Let me just quote Webster:

Main Entry: big·ot
    Pronunciation: 'bi-g&t
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle French, hypocrite, bigot
    : a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices

Main Entry: 1prej·u·dice
    Pronunciation: 'pre-j&-d&s
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English, from Old French, from Latin praejudicium previous judgment, damage, from prae- + judicium judgment -- more at JUDICIAL
    1 : injury or damage resulting from some judgment or action of another in disregard of one's rights; especially : detriment to one's legal rights or claims
    2 a (1) : preconceived judgment or opinion (2) : an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge b : an instance of such judgment or opinion c : an irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics.

Having experienced life in several countries of the world, all I can say is I am profoundly humbled and grateful that the United States of America exists. I am not naive in that I know the USA has its elitists, secret societies, and general social ills. What country doesn't? What I do see is a place that has benefited millions of people other than her own citizens. It is an open society, I daresay more than any other currently.

It is always easy to be a part of the problem and criticize and there will always be those that try to subject others to their will. However, I am grateful that we have the ability to complain and become involved locally and nationally to try and effect a change for the better. Unfortunately it appears to me that all I see is more whining from both the outside and inside versus actual involvement.

Still, I have been fortunate to be able to CHOOSE and I choose the freedoms of the United States of America. We have the ability to make a difference. If there is an injustice, then let us find solutions. We have 7 individuals arrested under suspicion of Terrorism. Weigh all the facts and please avoid the rhetoric.

Enough said, back to lurking.
    P.S. It is bigotry and prejudices that will doom us all to anarchy.
    Epithath: What lies here beneath is just the shell, just the nut is gone.

HT you speak as if there were not a world war going on.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Originally posted here by Tedob1
    HT you speak as if there were not a world war going on.
    That's because there isn't. The "War on Terror" is not a world war... it's a vindictive man using the resources available and at his discretion to attack people for fun... The real terrorist is Bush... and the war he's waging is a personal one... I'm really surprised Tedob... I expected you to be intelligent enough to see through the fear mongering... I guess everyone has weaknesses where they believe what they are told to believe... (It's similar to how the majority of people believe in Global Warming)...

The current "World War" and "Global Warming" are just the latest fads... snipe hunting got old... so now snipe hunters without a clue are using those buzz words for their new hunts..

judgement: It's a shame you didn't experience life in Canada... a place where the cops don't beat you needlessly, where the government doesn't attempt to have total control of your every thought.. You talk about prejudice and bigotry... that's what the US was founded on I do believe... if not.. well it's sure all that's evident there.

Opus: No offense intended... but you can go **** yourself... You're entitled to be complacent and believe everything your told... (Btw... did the easter bunny have sex with the tooth fairy yet)... but I'd rather think for myself.

RoadClosed: it's a little more than a few people complaining.. it's the government criticising free speech.. As for you being the "freest" nation... once agin... come join us here in Canada... We don't monitor your bank transactions, record every call you make and want to see who's visiting your MySpace page.

Speaking of which... I was quite surprised to learn that having content logs and visitor logs for MySpace would help the "War on Terrorism"... and you think your Government gives you freedom... The US Government is nothing more than Big Brother.

Peace,
    HT

HT the government is a bit out of control on free speech. Of course having an opinion as a human in office and actually doing something about it are two very different circumstances. The left in congress says it all the time as well. If GW and his minions went up to the NY Times an actually arrested someone. That would be a different story.

If I was going to move someplace it wouldn't be Canada. I like Canada don't get me wrong. I have been to every province a few times. Except NewFoundland and I just barely hit the Northwest territories at Inuvik. Talk about the middle of no-****ing-where.

I think I would get tired of all the bitching and besides, it is JUST like the USA. Same ****- different parallel, different dialect. I would choose the middle east. I miss the afternoon drum of the call to prayer while sipping spiked tea, eating fresh figs and enjoying the air of beautiful woman who haven't yet degraded men to house servants. You just have to dodge a bullet or two once in a while. Whether its the Peoples front of Judea or the Judean People Front.. there is always someone pissed of at somebody enough to kill them. Only a very few direct their anger at the US. Outside of that no-one gives a ****.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

HTRegz said:
    Opus: No offense intended... but you can go **** yourself... You're entitled to be complacent and believe everything your told... (Btw... did the easter bunny have sex with the tooth fairy yet)... but I'd rather think for myself.
    As expected, your typical type of reaction, HT. You attack the person, of which your reply has nothing in response to any of my statements.

You sure put me in my place! That'll teach me.

[edit]
    Btw: Maybe your government doesn't monitor you, but ours does, and your government get their info from us. What's the difference?
    [/edit]
    There are two rules for success in life:
    Rule 1: Don't tell people everything you know.

The US Government is nothing more than Big Brother.
    I'm reporting this thread to the CIA. You may expect the SWAT team at your door
    within the hour.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

We don't monitor your bank transactions
    Every transaction over $5000 (could be $50,000, but I think it's $5,000) is reported to the Bank of Canada. So much for that.

[edit re: proof]
    The Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Regulations require financial institutions and intermediaries, including legal counsel, to report to the Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC) certain financial transactions, such as large cash transactions and international EFTs of $10,000 or more. They also require reporting entities to ascertain the identity of their clients whether they are individuals, corporations or other entities, keep certain records and implement an internal compliance program.
    Seems that it's actually international transactions of $10,000 or more that are monitored here, and "large cash transactions", which are defined as
    Large cash transactions
    Large cash transactions involving amounts of $10,000 or more received in cash, must be reported.
    source
    [/edit]

can't help but think of Bush as Hitler and that Canada is the next Poland...
    And that officially proves Godwin's Law, yet again. Please don't compare Bush to Hitler. It's ludicrous. As much as I may hate his foriegn and domestic policies, he is no Hitler. By stooping to a Hitler reference, you have officially lost this debate.

[edit]
    hrm... can't link to Godwin's Law because of the apostrophe in the URL. It is easily findable on Wikipedia
    [/edit
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

And that officially proves Godwin's Law, yet again. Please don't compare Bush to Hitler. It's ludicrous. As much as I may hate his foriegn and domestic policies, he is no Hitler. By stooping to a Hitler reference, you have officially lost this debate.
    Godwin's Law is great and all.. but sometimes it's true... and this is a case where, I believe, the comparison holds water... Bush just hasn't had enough time to reach that level yet... Now.. if Bush pulls out of the Middle East and Nukes the **** outta North Korea... then I'll fully support him... that's an example of where there is no peaceful solution and it's at the point where there is actual reason to go in....

Had Bush never gone into Iraq and just chosen to wipe out North Korea I might have actually said he was a good leader.... but if he acts appropariately here and covertly nukes the place then he'll have mostly made up for his actions in Iraq.