Thread: External web site monitoring as a part of online security system?

External web site monitoring as a part of online security system?

Hi everybody!
    What do you think of web site monitoring, network monitoring and website load testing as components of online security system? Have you ever tried such services?
    We need your feedback for the quality improvement.
    Thanks in advance for your ideas and comments!

Welcome to AO, I've used all of the above, but not through a third party company as those are all things that can be set up on a webserver nearly by default.
    I am confused by "We need your feedback for the quality improvement. " Are you trying to sell something?

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Pssst...

Look at the sig...
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Hi Spamdies!
    Actually we are not selling anything.
    We are just interested if you and other PC-users have ever tried monitoring services and noticed any drawbacks in their work. So we will appreciate anything you have to share on the matter.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Actually we are not selling anything.
    We are just interested if you and other PC-users have ever tried monitoring services and noticed any drawbacks in their work
    Lemme get this right... You have monitoring stations on four continents, (pretty much covers the known world), and your first press release was Aug 2004, (about 2 years ago)...

Logically therefore, you have a reasonable existing customer base so you should have all the feedback you should need from them regarding your service. The only other logical option would be that you have failed to generate a reasonable user base.

Either way you are "marketing" your product... Which is generally considered impolite... as I'm sure you are well aware.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

OK so since your not selling anything it looks like your using the forum to spread your signitures link through popular search engines such as google. AO is not a "conduct your client demagraphics here" forum. But heres mine for your books.

So for anyone that reads this, you want site stats or monitoring. I recommend webalizer

You want network monitoring? Browse the AO forums, theres info everywhere on this one.

As fire as load testing goes theres more site analyzers out there than I can shake a stick at that are completely free.