Thread: Brazil are OUT!

Brazil are OUT!

Now THAT is something I would never have thought would happen! France beat Brazil 1-0, with a brilliant goal scored by Henry in the 57th minute. Brazil is out!

That leaves the two semi-final matches: Germany -vs- Italy, and Portugal -vs- France. Suffice it to say that I will definitely be watching both, as they promise to be pretty damn good

Italy ftw!

There's a breakdown of the Brazil-France match on BBC's site: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...06/4991616.stm. Well played, France

It was a good game as far as soccer goes(IMHO, fairly boring), but I'm glad to see Germany still in it, I'm wagering they'lll take it since it seems to be an upset riddled world cup anyway.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

argentina had played that game well.. was sorry to see them go. there was a natural gloom after the match had finished. and its still there. it was understood that who ever wins that match, would road roll everybody else. but then lets see..............

england was a shocker in itself. even if they were just managing to win the matches so far.

but i guess this is how long the luck holds
    you are entering the vicinity of an area adjecent to the location.

Pffft, like Germany wasn't going to beat everyone.

Message to other teams from me:

Bück Dich!

Well,

I am looking for the betting slip............. I got 3:1 on Germany (I got 20:1 on Pope Benedict XV..... but they don't trust Germans after that? )

The host nation generally seems to have an advantage, and I would look for a France/Germany final.

Italy and Brasil are a bit old and unfit IMO. Sure they have the skill, but that doesn't count if you are "half a yard short" (that is what we say over here to mean "slow")

Germany has a nicely balanced team of youth and experience, France is similar but slightly less so, and they are far less able for a "physical" game

I think that I might just win my bet..................

If the semi's get half decent refereeing or European style as in German league,then a lot of heavy tackling favors the Germans, should help France as well, Italy will wilt under the German pressure up front and Portugal are just happy and lucky to be in the Semi's.

Germany-France final......Germany to win 2-1

Edit: pray there are no referees from South America, espescailly one from Argentina, he spoooked the England/Portuguese game and I am sure he would not make too many friends with the German fans if he's around for that game...
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

germans lost..
    you are entering the vicinity of an area adjecent to the location.

That was a brilliant game.. The last few minutes were fabulous. Italy deserved to win IMHO - and they did. Now let's pray that they win the final!

australia world champion