Thread: combining flash files

combining flash files

hi

I have two .swf files(I dont have the fla's) and I want to combine both the files, can I do it? how?

thnx
    CodeNameVirus

change in the question!!

Now, I have fla's to both files, how to combine them now?
    CodeNameVirus

I do not have the faintest idea................ but we have a member, valhallen, who is an expert in these matters.

If you are nice and polite, he might be willing to help you out?

Hi,

It's as simple as downloading a Flash editor and putting the two together. There are quite a few free Flash editors available for Windows: Flash Editor is one of the first I found via Google. I'm sure there are many others as well

I use Macromedia Flash 8 Professional, but that is a commercial app.

You could also try a 'cat file1.swf file2.swf > final.swf' on Linux (or on Windows with unxutils), but I'm not guaranteeing that that will work

Cheers,

-jk

Do you have a Flash installed? (not just the player) There are bunch of ways you can merge these files.

1) Importing flash2.swf to flash1.fla - Open flash1.fla > Point to Insert > Scene > (in the new scene) Point to File > Import > Import to Stage > Select flash2.swf - flash1.swf 1 will run as scene 1 and flash2.swf will run as scene 2

Obviously, you need to do minor tweeking if the movies have different frame rate and size.

2) Copying flash2.fla to flash1.fla - Open flash2.fla > Select all Frame (in the timeline) > Copy Frames > Open flash1.fla > Insert scene or symbol > Paste Frames

I have few more ways, I'll post if the above doesn't work.

cheers!!

- :S:
    \"And life is what we make it. Always has been, always will be.\"

Hi all

thnx for the replies

I had Macromedia Flash MX with me and I tried copyin the 2 fla's together one after the other. It worked, but the both movies looped anonymously creating a chaos after the first run. But, then tried out the action script, made some changes, and now it works as fine as it cud be.

But now, I have another query. The question is, the first of my site doesnt get loaded altogether i.e. it appears with breaks but the second part get loaded completely and then get played. So, is there any script or something, that'll first load the part completely and then play it!!

thnx
    CodeNameVirus