Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bush vetos stem cell research

bush vetos stem cell research

STEM CELL RESEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.wtov9.com/news/9544388/detail.html

when will america wake up and stop "them" from imposing their ****ing morals on us

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerebral_palsy

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    You know I like Bush but I dont like some of his decisions. I agree with him on alot of stuff but im not a blind follower of him. I dont agree with his rejection of the Kyoto Treaty. Im not sure I like his policy on Illegal immigration ( Eizenhower stamped out Illegal immigration in the 50's with less than 2000 agents!) I dont like the "catch and release". But more than any of that I HATE that he cant see the benifit in stem cell research! there is soooo many things this could cure or help cure. But he refuses! They are going to be using embryos that are going to be thrown away anyway.... in the trash! wasted. yet he refuses... I personally think its madness NOT to use those. ok I will stop now.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Hey Hey,

I'll avoid starting a big war here (I think) and just say:

This is what happens when you let religion and government mix... A religious zealot would never support something like stem cell research.

Peace,
    HT

wake up and stop "them" from imposing their
    I bet I could google for that phrase and get twenty million hits.
    Every adolescent on the net is obsessed with the shadowy
    conspiracy that is trying to impose something on them.
    It all started whem your momma smacked you across the
    face for calling your sister a Effin Biatch. The little old ladies
    anti-fun league is out to spoil all your fun.

Stem cell research is Vampirism. Trying to prolong the lives
    of rich old farts by making a magical elixir from dead babies' brainz.
    that's gross.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

It seems to me Bush is pushing his personal religous beliefs on our whole country. Now I do consider myself a Christian but I also support stem cell research. I guess he thinks you cant do both.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Originally posted here by The Texan
    It seems to me Bush is pushing his personal religous beliefs on our whole country. Now I do consider myself a Christian but I also support stem cell research. I guess he thinks you cant do both.
    I consider myself a christian but I don't believe everyone non-christian should have to suffer because of what I believe.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Originally posted here by The Grunt
    I consider myself a christian but I don't believe everyone non-christian should have to suffer because of what I believe.
    Christians and Non-Christians alike would both benifit greatly by expanded stem cell research.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    Won't make jack **** of a difference what Bush says.

All that will happen is that the research will take place in labs outside of the US.

The same multinationals will produces the drugs/treatments from it and the same patients will buy it. Bush is in cloud cuckoo land if he thinks he is making a difference.

If a cures for MS, motorneuron, cancers or alzeimers appeared next year, all developed from stem cell research you think Bush woud have the balls to block his voters from being treated.
    "Sorry you're going to die because of my moral standpoint". I doubt it.

Originally posted here by Aspman
    Won't make jack **** of a difference what Bush says.

All that will happen is that the research will take place in labs outside of the US.

The same multinationals will produces the drugs/treatments from it and the same patients will buy it. Bush is in cloud cuckoo land if he thinks he is making a difference.

If a cures for MS, motorneuron, cancers or alzeimers appeared next year, all developed from stem cell research you think Bush woud have the balls to block his voters from being treated.
    "Sorry you're going to die because of my moral standpoint". I doubt it.
    It will make a hell of a lot of difference what Bush says. The fact that it won't happen in US labs means the US will lose millions of dollars. We are already begining to fall behind in the engineering/tech field and stem cell tech could be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Yes, for medicinal uses stem cell research will come around maybe 6 months late without being worked on in the US (South Korea, Britain, and Germany are already enough ahead of us that it doesn't matter if we jump in now regardless). But for the US economy and US labs, this is bad news.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Yes, for medicinal uses stem cell research will come around maybe 6 months late without being worked on in the US (South Korea, Britain, and Germany are already enough ahead of us that it doesn't matter if we jump in now regardless). But for the US economy and US labs, this is bad news.
    Certainly now you will most likely see an exodus of top flight scientists from the States to other countries which have no bias towards research which saves lives and are willing to pay for R & D wether privately or through the taxpayer's.

It is unfortunate that the thousands of those suffering from an affliction of one sort or another now have to wait, for someone else who is forward thinking and bold enough to want to see this through, maybe the next election will solve this as I am sure it will be on someone's platform for election purposes, and if the polls are correct at least 60% of Americans want Stem Cell research, so you can bet politician's are taking note...
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson