Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ya Gotta Wonder...

Kwiep
    <intermezzo>
    I just typed the solution to all world problems in this quick reply box, but I accidentally hit "reset form" instead of "submit reply". Can you ****ing believe it? I'm not gonne type the whole thing again though.
    Double Dutch

Tiger..

I suppose you need to know the characters involved in the conversation before you start spouting off... I was ten years in the military... and you were... what... sitting in your revolving chair? HT is a habitual USA attacker and pacifist... This is why I don't listen to what he says any more... because it is always the damned same.

... and I can see you come from a nice open minded background too... Got a little anti-British sentiment floating around there do we?

________

Tiger,

Anyone reading would understand that i was stopping you from stopping the thread starter. Now that's not spouting off! Thats entitelement to opinion!

Military? Maybe you got concussed, but u never answered my first question...were any of your family member killed in a terrorist attack?

And btw, how does being in the military help understand world problems better. The military is dictated by the politicians.

As far as i know, any soldier would always think of his country first. The more common variety i mean!

The anti-british allegation? that's again a normal reaction! I would'nt dwell on it since arguing with a bone headed ex-military guy is like trying to pick up mercury by a fork

I wish i was as cocksure of anything as you are of everthing!

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Yep... I was right... The know it all, be nice to the ****er that will cut your throat rather than offend him, appease those who would bully and oppress, every man has a decent streak in them, think with my heart rather than my head if I ever bother to even think dimwits have taken over here...

Time to move on I think... There's nothing left for anyone with sense here.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Why has anti-Semitism become the new mantle of leftist politics? If the Left sees itself as the enemy of oppression in all its forms, why has it so disastrously failed to recognize and confront the hatred of Jews within its own ranks?
    http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...le.asp?ID=9926

Indeed. That sums up the present topic nicely.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    Anti-semitism?

If we were truly anti semitic we would wipe out everyone in the middle east, Jewish, Palestinian, Arab, Iaqi, Irani alike. When did anti-semitic become anti-jewish?

A previous remark about America's involvement in Viet Nam "tickled" me as well. America didn't falter in Viet Nam because of conscripts, it faltered because of it's senior military and people like Westmoreland, McNamara and political spinelessness (probable not a real word) at home.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

When did anti-semitic become anti-jewish?
    "Anti-semitic" has always meant "anti-jewish" exclusively.
    It has never meant anything else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism

Have to agree about Vietnam. I read a book by David Hackworth
    called Steel my Soldiers' Hearts. He came in and took command of a group
    of guys that were performing poorly. When told that they were a bunch of losers,
    Hackworth's reply was "these are the same sort of men who have fought and
    won all of our wars." Apparently, with good leadership, they went on to become
    some of the baddest MOFOs in Vietnam. Get the book.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    I would refer you to Websters dictionary for the definition of Semite which is a person of Afro-Asian origin, which is not exclusively a Jew, nationalities listed were Jews and Arabs. Of course Webster agrees with you on Anti-semitic

I'll look for the book. I've tried to make sense of that era, another book won't hurt.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot