Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ya Gotta Wonder...

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    ouch. no comment.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

That's all and well Tiger... but I say you're the one with no clue..

Have you never heard statements such as "Let bygones be bygones", "What's done is done", and "Leave it in the past"

My opinion on this would most likely differ if Israel had chosen to only target Hezbollah controlled South Lebanon... but no.. they are targetting everywhere... it's really getting hard for me to not attack the war mongering nature of Americans... Bush has come out and essentially said "Give war a chance"... wtf is that... Rice is on her way there on Sunday... and will not ask for a ceasefire...

Tiger you may think you are wise beyond your years... but common sense and human decency seem to elude you...

A terrorist cell attacks America... America wipes out countries... A terrorist cell kidnaps two Israeli soldiers who may or may not have been on enemy soild and Israel wipes out a country.... and you have no problem with this?? You don't see a loss of humanity in all these?

Prime Minister Harper detoured his plane leaving the G8 meetings to fairy people back to Canada... I haven't heard anything about Air Force one landing to pick up people...

I'll be honest... I started this thread with ulterior motives.. I wanted to see if a single American was humane enough to be against what Israel is doing... that answer is apparently no... I just can't understand how you support it...

Israel has more humanity at least they are warning civilians in the southern portion of Lebanon to evacuate to more northern points... but then their humanity goes to hell because they turn around and attack those northern points..

Tiger: How did they ever let you adopt a child... and do you already have a weapon in that child's hands... training them to go and kill?

We're on the brink of a Third World War and you agree that a ceasefire should't occur??? To me that sounds like supporting the outbreak of a third world war... something I definately cannot understand... You talk about it because you were young and stupid and served your country and came back alive... How are you going to feel when your adopted child is old enough and serves in the military and dies in on-going war because today you wouldn't support a ceasefire? Will you feel as though you are to blame? Because if I lost a child in a war and all of you are saying "**** a ceasefire, fight it out"... I'd definately blame you...

As for me not knowing the difference I know it quite well...

WTC was destroyed -- aggression
    America Assembles troups -- defense
    American invades other countries -- aggression
    America is proven wrong regarding WMDs and continues invasion -- Enhanced aggression..

Everyone says all I do in these posts is attack Americans... that's not true... well it is... but I can't be blamed... Tiger Shark is doing the same to me.. He's attacking the belief in a ceasefire... the belief in peace...

Regardless of what you war mongers might thing... peace is not found down the barrel of a gun

I did hear a quote I rather enjoyed today though... "Israel going back into South Lebanon is like America going back into vietnam"...

Peace,
    HT

HT, you did nothing but prove Tigershark's points. If anything else, only proved that you're also naive and ignorant beyond reason. You refuse to analyse or learn beyond your own preconcieved notions. This statement only proves that:

Originally posted here by HTRegz
    I'll be honest... I started this thread with ulterior motives.. I wanted to see if a single American was humane enough to be against what Israel is doing... that answer is apparently no... I just can't understand how you support it...
    You live in a powerful and concentric bubble HT; North America >>> Canada >>> Naiviety. Take a step outside of each as well as the sheltered perspectives you boast.

While there is no doubt that this post is offensive to you, I honestly feel and bare no malice. I truely and genuinely pity you. Please, if you overlooked this article ( http://www.coxandforkum.com/ ) please view it. It's simple, truthful, and even has an illustration that can't be more clear.
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic

Hmmmm,

"Israel going back into South Lebanon is like America going back into vietnam"...
    Well it certainly wasn't an Israeli who said that They will go in with professionals, who believe that they are fighting for the very existence of their nation, not a shower of doped up college kid conscripts.

12 weeks at boot camp is not adequate training for counter insurgency operations. Just look at the record of the Australian and South Korean forces in the Vietnam conflict?.................they were professionals

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    I just can't understand
    That's your problem... the word "can't"... because you can but you "won't"... because it doesn't fit the political leanings you think you should have... so anything that doesn't fit that is inconceivable to you and you refuse to actually think about those ideas.

Yes, a third world war fought right now is the right thing... Why, you ask in shock? Simple! But _you_ need to decide why... because no-one else will ever be able to teach you anything... You know it all already...
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

why not? eh?

ok...now i am upset...

Tiger?

why can't this be discussed? why can't a techy have a political opinion? and being techy means not having any human emotions?

Have you ever lost someone in a terrorist attack? Have you ever got a bomb concussion?

You are sitting in your nice cool room and expecting others to suppress their voices.

Negative?

did you do a public survey to come up with the bright quote that Nobody is interested in the topic?

anyways coming to the real debate.

The middle east is burning right now due to the synergy between the iranian regime and the hizbollah

The recent G8 summit was supposed to adopt broad scale resolutions against the iranian regime, however they could only issue a token resolution and the would have to meet again for deciding about Iran and possibly the other rogue nation-north korea.

The point not to be missed is, that it is Israel fighting. For the US the reason for fighting arent important.

The law is.If Israel fights, US would support it. There would also be boudless support from its still-indebted-from-World War II puppy-The UK.

Thats the way it has been and would always be. The rest of the world would also stand by and let the destruction happen.

At the same time, there is also a need for the US govt. to come clean with its shady partner countries like-pakistan.

Wanna see what they can do? find out about the recent mumbai commuter train blasts.

Ever got any of your dear ones in half piece? upper or lower portion..doesnt matter...

Try visiting kashmir sometime, u'll find grenade attacks happening every alternate day.

Pages could be written about these matters...

Peace

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Chizra:

Have you ever lost someone in a terrorist attack? Have you ever got a bomb concussion?
    I suppose you need to know the characters involved in the conversation before you start spouting off... I was ten years in the military... and you were... what... sitting in your revolving chair? HT is a habitual USA attacker and pacifist... This is why I don't listen to what he says any more... because it is always the damned same.

... and I can see you come from a nice open minded background too... Got a little anti-British sentiment floating around there do we?
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Banned
    Negative?
    did you do a public survey to come up with the bright quote that Nobody is interested in the topic?
    That's not at all what I said
    I'd explain, but I'm afraid all attempts would be futile...

It seems like your reading skills are as terrible as your writing skills

We're on the brink of a Third World War and you agree that a ceasefire should't occur??? To me that sounds like supporting the outbreak of a third world war... something I definately cannot understand... You talk about it because you were young and stupid and served your country and came back alive... How are you going to feel when your adopted child is old enough and serves in the military and dies in on-going war because today you wouldn't support a ceasefire? Will you feel as though you are to blame? Because if I lost a child in a war and all of you are saying "**** a ceasefire, fight it out"... I'd definately blame you...
    Well it appears the debate is over... First, if some one had took out a certian facist regiem in the begining, there wouldnt have been a ww2... Talking and politics and all the UN's in world can not resolve everyissue, and I bet they wont play a major role in this one...

So really, every morning if your neighbor ran up and punched you in the face when you went out to get your paper, you would just want to talk to them about it? what time does your paper show up?

Yep same ol same ol stuff, personal attacks instead of discourse and of course in Cosmos someone greens Negative, hhhmmm the loonies are indeed in control of this asylum....

You live in a powerful and concentric bubble HT; North America >>> Canada >>> Naiviety. Take a step outside of each as well as the sheltered perspectives you boast.
    Evil Moo not everyone here in Canada holds the same views as HT, so be a little more specific when labeling someone. Some people on this site have a habit of generalizations and are short on specifics....

TS
    Got a little anti-British sentiment floating around there do we
    Do you think he means everyone in the UK, or just Blair?

It really is too bad, adults can't discuss things in a more mature way, but instead lower themselves to each other's level, instead of concentraing on the debate at hand, this issue is starting to heat up and will involve a lot of other people before long.

We are reaping what we have sowed in the middle east, and yes TS the UK can be held partly responsible for what is now happening over there.We all are for not learning about the people there, I cannot grasp the concept of "Democracy" for people who live by Tribal rules/customs, this is why it won't work in Iraq/Iran/Afghanistan/Pakistan/Syria. The only reason there is a fragile democratic government in Lebanon right now is because of the heavy influence of Christians.

The Arabs will never fully embrace Christianity so they associate Democracy with Christianity, and that is where the problem sits.

The Israeli's are not blameless in this area of the World, but they have shown remarkable restraint when it comes to dealing with the neighbours who constantly make it known that they will see Israel destroyed, with this, it's no wonder that they will defend themselves.

Truly, if Israel wanted to, but are held back by the US, they could sort this entire mess out in a couple of weeks, if they were allowed to unleash their weaponry against Iran/Syria, the issue would be resolved as they do have Nuclear Capabilities, so what the Arabs don't realise or maybe they do, is the fact thay haven't been crushed by the Israeli's is probably due to the alliance Israel has with the US, so Iran/Syria can in some part thank the US for keeping the Israeli's away from them.
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson