Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unblockable e-mail?

hi,

Just a thought...i normally set my download email options limited to emails from addresses in my address book and no one else.

But the downside is, you may not get an important mail from a new id.

Changing e-mail accounts because of spamming may not be a good idea, spammers will catch you soon on the new account.

http://www.csoonline.com/read/020106/signed_sealed.html
    This article was on using SMIME with free certificates and avoiding spam.

There are more knowledgable people around, please suggest other methods.

Originally posted here by chizra
    hi,

Just a thought...i normally set my download email options limited to emails from addresses in my address book and no one else.

But the downside is, you may not get an important mail from a new id.
    This is what I have been trying to do, but I haven't a clue how. Could you explain how you did it?
    Woohoo awesome sig!

What email client do you use? It's client specific how to do it.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Originally posted here by The Grunt
    What email client do you use? It's client specific how to do it.
    I use the default Outlook Express. I know there is a way to do it, I just don't know how.
    Woohoo awesome sig!

Not mentioned...

Mailwasher from Firetrust..
    It lists the mails for download, marks those that it will delete as unwanted.. give you a chance to check for false positives and misses..

With the new range of spam.. whitelists appear to be the most reliable working solution.. and progs like Mailwasher seem the safest software solution..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

tools/message rules/mail

Make a rule to move all mail to junk folder

Then make another rule with higher priority, that if the from line contains anyone in your message book, it goes to inbox.

This isn't the best way to do it but it is functional. Someone else might know a more effective route to take.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Originally posted here by Und3ertak3r
    Not mentioned...

Mailwasher from Firetrust..
    It lists the mails for download, marks those that it will delete as unwanted.. give you a chance to check for false positives and misses..

With the new range of spam.. whitelists appear to be the most reliable working solution.. and progs like Mailwasher seem the safest software solution..
    That's a good program, I have Mailwasher Pro and it allows you to see the emails while they are still on the ISP server, so you select the ones you want to delete and blacklist and select the "friends". I don't use the bounce feature, as it just allows the spammers to see a live email addy, just delete them, and the program learns from this and highlights them the next time around as blacklisted....
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

I know it works with Outlook -- not sure about OE -- but SpamBayes is a pretty decent add-in that can help filter out spam. Just do a google search for it.

i have the same problem here all i do just keep it in trash and i don't open it