Thread: Lieberman's Campaign site hacked?

Banned

Lieberman's Campaign site hacked?

A while ago, joe2006.com redirected to the standard "There is no website configured at this address" CPanel message - now it's a myhostcamp.com "This account is under construction. Please check back soon. It will be available shortly. Thank you." suspended page message.

More here: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/nation...Elections.html

It'll be interesting to see what comes from this (Connecticut's AG has been asked to start an investigation) - hacktivism in the highest echelons?

I think it's a publicity stunt.

A guy's who's been surrounded by security people left and right for years (including the Secret Service), and he can't get own his website secured? Do a whois on the name. I'd say he's got some top-notch hired guns.

Must figure he'll get some sympathy votes come November running as an independent.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

I think it is REALLY a publicity stunt!
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

- Albert Einstein

Banned
    I think it would be pretty stupid to file a complaint with the Attorney General if it really is a stunt...

T3h Ch3F

No Doubt

Originally posted here by Negative
    I think it would be pretty stupid to file a complaint with the Attorney General if it really is a stunt...

Not only would it be stupid, if he got caught he would be arrested, not to mention disgraced.

Edit- Post # 666 for Galdron, be afraid.very afraid. heheh Not to mention my last 3 #'s of my SSN are 666. and I was born March 6 196......9 thank god not 66. Otherwise I would go see a priest. Or at the very least PM Preacherman.

Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

heh... I have 6 letters in my first middle and last names... and my login number at a previous job was cs***666 [masked for privacy] and my old honda died at 266,6## miles... [both of those occured in the same few months]

back to the topic though, I read an article about this on CNN's website... it almost sounded like he was blaming Ned Lamont himself... but I agree with brokencrow... with all of the security he has had previously, why would he not have top notch web security people working with him... the site has been offline since sometime yesterday... and now CNN is reporting that he has conceded to Lamont... poor guy must have been so brokenhearted about his site, that he just up and quit the race...
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Looking more and more like a case of incompetence. MSNBC is reporting Lieberman's website was hosted on a server with 70 other sites, which were also having problems.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14245779/

Sounds like he was using a low-end hosting plan, probably had a bandwidth cap. And they had all their eggs in one basket (server): email, webhosting and ftp.

Still, what a chintzy stunt to blame his opponent. I'd be firing a few people. Pronto.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers