Thread: 64 bit Firewall?

64 bit Firewall?

does anybody know of a good, free, firewall that will run on a x64 copy of XP pro?

Try Windows Live One Care

As far as I know ZoneAlarm has a 64bit version? they released a beta back in February 2006.

Just Another Geek
    How about the one build into XP?
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    What are your requirements? If you want to manage inbound connections only, then the bundled XP firewall will be fine. If you also want to manage outbound connections (spawned by malware and other processes) then you'll need something else. Please be a little more specific.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

ya nihil Zonealarm did release a 64 bit beta version but they got rid of the download for reasons im not sure of but i saw on a news site. ya the one that comes with windows is alright for now but was looking for a better one if possible. hopefully zonealarm will re-release their because the 32 bit worked really well on my old system. thanks for the suggestions.

OK mate, you might like to give this a try:

http://www.ghostsecurity.com/ghostwall/

I have no idea how good it is as I don't run a 64bit OS. The problem seems to be that they are still rather exotic, so the firewall providers haven't paid much attention thus far?............... certainly as regards free versions.

thanks alot nihil i think that ghost one will work out great ive got it running already, user friendly and very professional looking, also thanks to anybody else that submitted their opinions.