Thread: AntiViews - Spyder32

Banned

AntiViews - Spyder32

And yet another moderator sacrifices his time for your entertainment... Spyder32!

Spyder32's Antionline profile

Name: Joseph (like Joey better, but..) Mattiace

Place and date of Birth (or age): Upper Manhatten, New York.. born to Michele and Joseph Sr. in 1982. Currently, this Spyder is 24. =]

Current place of residence: About to move in with my girlfriend/soon-to-propose-to lady.. She lives in New York, while I live in New Jersey.

Marital status: Taken by my lovely lady, Natalee. Not yet married, but I know the answer

AO: How did you get into computers?

Spyder: Somewhere around 12 years ago, when I recieved my first computer.. I was interested in the entire prospect of the computer itself. Being that I was young, and wasn't very wealthy.. I never really saw a "gadget" like this before. From that, my interest grew in how it worked. After many HORRIBLE "trial and error" experiments with the computer, I began to learn things. First I learned how systems were put together, what made what work, etc.. from there the interest grew into EVERYTHING.

AO: What is your area of specialty?

Spyder: If I had to say, it would be Systems Security/Computer Security.. I'm famous for my knowledge concerning hackers/hacking, virii/viruses (whichever you prefer) and the structure of spyware, etc.. anything security related, really.. Oh, and I know quite a bit about Hardware..

AO: What do you do for a living?

Spyder: Heh, that varies almost every 3 months it seems.. As of right now: I assist at my local library, helping them with system troubleshooting, networking, and security issues. I also am about to be working as a Computer Sales Associate at Best Buy and I also run a very small home business that deals with Systems Installation, Hardware/Software Installation, Securing a client's System, etc..

AO: How did you get into your career?

Spyder: Via my interest, the way someone (in my opinion) should enter their career. Through something they enjoy doing for a living.

AO: Describe your education and/or training?

Spyder: Hrmm, afraid not much. A+ certified, Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems however working towards my future Masters. Also working towards (long-term goal) my CISSP.

AO: Do you plan on staying where you are (career-wise), or are you still in school / working on certs to get into another area?

Spyder: I'm not trying to get into another field, however I am still in school and working on my certs for my current field.

AO: What one piece of advice would you offer to others who may be interested in following a career path or educational path similar to yours?

Spyder: If it were similiar to mine, I'd say to probably get ready to become an insomniac, lol.. While the last 5-6 years of my life have been semi-vigorous, in the end it will be worth it. The cliche police will probably arrest me, but the saying "Hard work pays off" is forever true. At my age, I believe I'm living better and doing better than most I know. Not to mention it pays to be in an industry that makes good money.

AO: What skill do you think is invaluable in your area of specialty?

Spyder: The ability to learn, think, and learn some more without a close-minded thought pattern. Think inside the box, you'll never find answers.. you'll stay in a box. Think outside the box, you're free to think and see anything.. you're not in a box, afterall. I know it's not so much a skill, but it's a way of thinking that has attributed and helped my studies and learning in my area of specialty.

AO: Describe one of your best / most effective security practices.

Spyder: I'd pride myself in two many areas: Physical Security and Keeping my System Up-To-Date. Without question, big areas to me. If your system/software isn't patched and up-to-date, you might as well fork it over to someone wanting your system.

AO: Do you have a little-known fact about yourself (personal, hobbies, tech-related) that you would be willing to share?

Spyder:
    Personal: Despite my love for EVERY SINGLE KIND of Rock Music, I have a small (VERY small) liking for some Rap music. While my like for it is diminishing as it's starting to be horrible, I like certain rappers. *shrugs*

Hobbies: During my limited free-time when I'm NOT with Natalee (which is rare) I love to write poetry and write lyrics for songs. =]

Tech-Related: Ehh, nothing too "not well known".. although I've secretly always had a desire to study "vintage" programming languages, the ones that aren't used anymore really.

AO: How did you find (out about) Antionline?

Spyder: The way most of us retards did: Typed in Computers, Systems, Hacking, Hackers, etc at Google or Yahoo. =]

You know I must admit, I too missed this feature. It's neat to have interviews.

Thumbs up

More Antiviews! Spyder32 is not 32... 24! Go... go... go!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Elite Hacker
    Yeah. I enjoy reading these. Hopefully I haven't missed any. Now where're the newsletters? j/k :P