Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to the good ole days at AO?

"You think that's bad? lol. This account only has two posts and NONE are ins ecurity related anything".

Hmmm I would love to see the breakdown on your posts maybe nihil could make himself useful for once and post the stats for all "senior" members. heh heh
    At this rate of posting I could piss and moan for a few hundred more before posting anything useful and still have a better ratio than you ...mr over 5000 post of mostly worthless crap(with a FEW notable exceptions) although you do have a certain sense of fair play.
    At times you have been somewhat entertaining albeit it has been coupled with altruistic borish mediocrity.

"Hahahaha, TRY negging one of those people, they'll be boosted back up in NO time. Katja for example didn't post a whole hell of a lot but she had lots of APs. Know why? Boobs. Same with Quad. I like Quad, people don't like his attitude though, and when he came back as a girl who wasn't terrible looking he managed to stay"

You failed to mention the foxy little baby machine called debwalin. Now there's a security guru for you.

Quad was cool.
    Katja was a cutie

as for the 12 irc servers...none of them are AO sanctioned.

New stats
    3 posts NONE of which are even computer related.

And I notice that Negative lives in texas now?
    I can see his european butt in a texas diner now!
    Discussing the finer points of fundamental philosophy, micr0 biology and computer security with...
    A REDNECK RODEO STAR!!

perhaps him and his ole lady even stick a buck in the juke box and cut the rug.

/me cues the banjo and sings:

" I stepped on a cow paddy don't you know
    I'll just wipe my feet as I docey doe!"

hehe

Life is a trip.

I couldn't be entertaining if I wasn't boring sometimes. Being boring and mediaCORE helps people realise the difference when something is funny and not trendy

BRING BACK ENNIS!
    where'd he go? Jesus the Irish population must have completly died on AO if both of us have gone! oO

Banned
    So valhallen hows that whole AO wallpaper coming along...?

typical paddy thinks he is the only one that counts hmmph
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    [rant on]

*plays World's smallest violin*

Sheesh. Things changes. Sites change. Deal with it and move on.

[rant off]

* note: the above view is that of the luser and does not represent that of a real person.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

heh,

I got quite a kick out of this. Here is my 2 cents, hopefully some of you agree.

AntiOnline is a "resource" as I see it. I do not come here to socialize, I do not care about whos gone and who stays, I could really care less. I come here to colloaborate with peers and get guidance.

It sounds to me that someone might be missing a large part of their social life and thinks AO is to blame.

Here is a idea, get a grip, find some RL freinds and move on. You remind me of one of those stinking 13 year old kids who gets all bent when he dies playing Everquest or something. Its a stinking forum, use it and move on.

I only have a hundred or so post and have been a memeber for a few years. Am I a AO Jedi Master? No, I get our of it what I want, and I have given back in return, but some people sound like they need to see a therapist or something gettin all bent over "what happend to the good old days".

Yeah, I tried to log onto the antionline irc server I found in a Ms. Mittens tutorial (nice tut by the way Ms. Mittens), the one in the tutorial wouldent work for me, but you know what? I got over it, my world dident crash all around me.

I think the funniest thing about this all is to listen someonw whine and complain about the good old days like a 5 year old, ..........this person is supposed to be my peer?

I love AO and think its a great resource and offers alot to help mold people into the mindset that Network Security is important an collaboration is great.

If your that upset about not having a IRC server, go play on the skript kiddies IRC at hackthissite or hellbound hackers, they really need some friends.

If I get negged oh well, but I think my opinion is just that, and to be honest I can give a crap less about antipoints, its just a tool to stear those with bad intentions in the right direction, they are worth about as much as those stupid little toys you get when you turn in your game tickets at Chuck-E-Cheese. Think about it, do you put on your resume Qualifications: 5500 posts at Antionline and 2000 antipoints?

-Kruptos
    \"Common Sense, isn\'t that common\"
    \"It is a lot easier to raise a child then it is to repair an adult\"
    -Kruptos

Got to admit, this is the most excitement in a while on the AO forum, sort of like the random times JP shows up.
    There are two rules for success in life:
    Rule 1: Don't tell people everything you know.

"heh,

I got quite a kick out of this. Here is my 2 cents, hopefully some of you agree.

AntiOnline is a "resource" as I see it. I do not come here to socialize, I do not care about whos gone and who stays, I could really care less. I come here to colloaborate with peers and get guidance."

You have the right idea but the REALITY is very diffirent. This is a community that thrives on social interaction. Very few people use it as a "resource" only.

It sounds to me that someone might be missing a large part of their social life and thinks AO is to blame.

Did you get a jr "shrink in a box" kit for christmas or something? You will need a sharper razor than that to disect me. I am simply pointing out some of the missing elements in this neo jungian collective. Elements that I found somewhat amusing but are certainly a poor substitute for real flesh and blood relationships.

Here is a idea, get a grip, find some RL freinds and move on. You remind me of one of those stinking 13 year old kids who gets all bent when he dies playing Everquest or something. Its a stinking forum, use it and move on.

You remind me of a little toadie dog that jumps around the big dog saying "get him spike..get em!"

I only have a hundred or so post and have been a memeber for a few years. Am I a AO Jedi
    Master?

You can say that again! You don't even make a good sorcerer's apprentice! But I say this for you..at least you are not a one line post whore.

No, I get our of it what I want, and I have given back in return, but some people sound like they need to see a therapist or something gettin all bent over "what happend to the good old days".

Here you go with your amateur therapy routine again

Yeah, I tried to log onto the antionline irc server I found in a Ms. Mittens tutorial (nice tut by the way Ms. Mittens), the one in the tutorial wouldent work for me, but you know what? I got over it, my world dident crash all around me.

I don't mean to be a Net Nanny or a GrammAr Queen but did you break your speak n spell? I am glad you got over it but frankly speaking my world is hardly "crashing all around" me.

*Note this post has been edited to comply with Negative's confusion about the diffrence between correcting someone's "grammar" and using the term "grammer queen" However since it was truly a typo I will not try to use the diffrence as a spin*

I think the funniest thing about this all is to listen someonw whine and complain about the good old days like a 5 year old, ..........this person is supposed to be my peer?

I guess because I am not a boot licking sychophant like you I am a whiner and complainer. It is true that the universe is in flux and all things change but that doesn't mean I can't piss and moan about it! Does someone have to be in total agreement with you to be your "peer"?

I love AO and think its a great resource and offers alot to help mold people into the mindset that Network Security is important an collaboration is great.

AO is a fine resource and I used to like it alot but I hardly "love" it. It sounds like YOU need some real life relationships. Perhaps your whole RANT is simply a projection of your reality and motives onto mine

If your that upset about not having a IRC server, go play on the skript kiddies IRC at hackthissite or hellbound hackers, they really need some friends.

Sounds like that is more your speed you pretentious wannabe since you KNOW all about them..there you go PROJECTING again.

If I get negged oh well, but I think my opinion is just that, and to be honest I can give a crap less about antipoints, its just a tool to stear those with bad intentions in the right direction, they are worth about as much as those stupid little toys you get when you turn in your game tickets for Chuck-E-Cheese. Think about it, do you put on your resume Qualifications: 5500 posts at Antionline and 2000 antipoints?

FINALLY..a point we agree on!

Banned
    I don't know how many times I've seen people trying to correct other people's grammar by pointing out that their "grammer" sucks... It never ceases to amuse me