Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to the good ole days at AO?

He also forgot to put a comma to set off the disjunct "frankly." And, frankly, I also find it amusing.

Terrr,

Thanks for the reply. Just remember you opened this can of worms. Intelligent conversations about grammar corrections and overly defensive replies will get your far.

If you dont like AO or are so upset about it, why dont you do something to fix it instead of bitch about it?

Certainly you must have a better way to do things here? I mean you are the self procalaimed expert here and complain about how no one here has any skills, what is your plan to fix it?

Quote:
    "You have the right idea but the REALITY is very diffirent. This is a community that thrives on social interaction. Very few people use it as a "resource" only. "

right........

Quote:
    "Did you get a jr "shrink in a box" kit for christmas or something?"

Nah...I just know an idiot when I see or hear one.

Quote:
    "Sounds like that is more your speed you pretentious wannabe since you KNOW all about them..there you go PROJECTING again."

Hardly..I work full-time as a network security engineer for one of the world's largest ISP's and service providers. Wannabe..No. Annoyed at noobs like you who think they know everything..yes.
    \"Common Sense, isn\'t that common\"
    \"It is a lot easier to raise a child then it is to repair an adult\"
    -Kruptos

Terrr,

Thanks for the reply. Just remember you opened this can of worms. Intelligent conversations about grammar corrections and overly defensive replies will get your far.
    True. However when a post looks like it was wriiten by the loser of the special spelling bee
    for the slow readers group then it is time to mention it

If you dont like AO or are so upset about it, why dont you do something to fix it instead of bitch about it?

I think constructive criticism is a good place to start. Although a nazi like you obviously doesn't. You are probally chomping at the bit for greenies right now despite your claims to the contrary. Why don't you come out and admit that you hold a secret ambition to brown nose your way to 11 lights?

Certainly you must have a better way to do things here? I mean you are the self procalaimed expert here and complain about how no one here has any skills, what is your plan to fix it?

Quote:
    "You have the right idea but the REALITY is very diffirent. This is a community that thrives on social interaction. Very few people use it as a "resource" only. "

right........
    I never claimed to be an expert..but then I don't have 11 dots beside my name.

Quote:
    "Did you get a jr "shrink in a box" kit for christmas or something?"

Nah...I just know an idiot when I see or hear one.

How well do you know the one that stares back at you from your mirror?

Quote:
    "Sounds like that is more your speed you pretentious wannabe since you KNOW all about them..there you go PROJECTING again."

Hardly..I work full-time as a network security engineer for one of the worlds largets ISP and service providers.

Who would that be ....AOL! Ha Ha. They are the only ones that WOULD hire a moron like you!

Wannabe..No, annoyed at noobs like you who think they know everything..yes.

Annoyed? Hardly. I think you are just green with envy over being bested by a superior intellect!
    If you are a " network security engineer" then AOL really is scraping the bottom of the barrel(of monkeys)!

I think the old saying is true:

"If you throw a rock into a pack of dogs the one that yelps is the one that got hit"
    And boy..HAVE YOU BEEN SMACKED!

Well Terrr

Things were going swimmingly until:

As a thread grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."

There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress.

PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Hey dalek,

I'll bet a pentuim 2 with windows 98 that was written by a republican conservative.
    Anyway you are right. I have ranted and spewed out enough BS for now.
    I feel refreshed as though I have vented enough.

Hmmm, time for a little historical interlude?

This is what JP (founder of AO) had to say to our little friend 4 years ago:

Well, antihaxor, since you were gone, I've added dozens, if not hundreds, of uber new features and additions, providing nearly countless new opportunities for people to bitch and moan =)
    His "great friend" Noble Hamlet said:

The apology was false and hollow, like you. An empty formula is an apt name
    And our little friend said:

/me puts on his grammer nanny suit and sez:
    Go home and play with your speak and spell NobleHamlet. And leave us good poeple alone.
    I shall not post Noble Hamlet's reply, as this is a family forum.

From this we may conclude:

1. Leopards do not change their spots and whingers don't stop their whining.
    2. Someone who cannot spell "grammar" is unlikely to learn in the ensuing four years.
    3. Leopards don't seem to change their script writers either?

Terrr

You are right in ways......The IRC javachatroom was pretty funny sometimes and there would be nights all hell broke loose.

It was a place to meet people who had same interests in computers or just like me...No job in computers but just wanted to know how things work and how to fix my own system.

To this day i still laugh over JP taking control of my computer while i was having a chat with him online and soon enough he changes my browser page to "Playboy.com".
    He knew the regulars and it made the place feel like a good place to "Chat" about anything.

We are talking about 4 years ago now and times have flashed so fast for everyone,Damn most of us now have kids or more of them.
    Life does change and everyday the web changes....there is money to be made.

JP sold out and probably enjoys life with his picasso's...hehehehe
    This place still is much the same to me.....A place to learn.

Please learn to use the quote and /quote tags? Your
    quotes run together with your comments until I just skip over
    your post and read what someone else has to say.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

The QUEEN of one line post whoring speaks!(nihil)

Let all AO have a moment of silence.

10,000 posts? Dude you are a TOTAL friggin loser! Have you ever had a date?

I would like to meet you IRL. I bet you wouldn't even dare look me in the eye for fear I would kick your tail.
    You are the poster boy for the cybersocial disorder campaign. It is a disorder that is common to socially unfit weenie boys like yourself.

10,000 posts.....Ha ha ha haha
    LMAO!

rc...apologies. I always though you were a good dude.

By the way GOOD MOVE nihil.
    You saw that I was going to bow out and let the thread die and you GOADED me back into a fight!
    I would that was an artistic manipulation ploy!
    Excellent...maybe there is more to you than meets the eye.

Personal attacks, instead of debating or proving your point: Check

unchecked anger: Check

bad grammar whilst attacking the grammar of others: Check

Going "internet toughguy": Priceless

Way to impress us with your huge amounts of network security knowledge.... wait, what?

As I said earlier, and which you seemed to ignore, why not post something positive for the community? Why just bitch and moan? I'm thinking you have an agenda here, kind of like JP when he shows up to stir up the hornets nest.

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.