Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to the good ole days at AO?

Whats wrong with babbling in GCC..isnt that the point of GCC....or should we be talking about.....the good ole days of AO........
    ^ My take on it aswell.. *shrugs*
    Space For Rent.. =]

Originally posted here by morganlefay
    Well it is a GCC thread.........what do you expect.

Whats wrong with babbling in GCC..isnt that the point of GCC....or should we be talking about.....the good ole days of AO........

sorry missed it

MLF
    No no, silly woman. Let's analyze this:

chit·chat (chtcht) n.
    1. Casual conversation; small talk.
    2. Gossip.

general (jen-er-hu,l) adj.
    1. of or pertaining to all persons or things belonging to a group or category: a general meeting of the employees.
    2. of, pertaining to, or true of such persons or things in the main, with possible exceptions; common to most; prevalent; usual: the general mood of the people.
    3. not limited to one class, field, product, service, etc.; miscellaneous: the general public; general science.

Now GCC constitutes as broad small/talk. Given the intimate details and accusations made by some, the current thread could also be gauged as Gossip; qualifying it for the GCC. However, on further inspection, this thread mostly consists of so-called babbling but more articulately addressed as Jibber-Jabber. (As defined by The Mr. T and clarified by the almighty Wikipedia.)

Hence, this is not appropriate GCC material--and only leaves us with the logical conclusion of creating a new Jibber-Jabber Forum.
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic

the same cometh.
    \"Those who profess to favor freedom, yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.\"

Frederick Douglass

Banned
    Originally posted here by harrykeavan
    why all the concern about the good old days a year from now if AO still exists it will still be full of the same old people.

some smacked out of their heads eg gore.

others posting elitist comments eg spider.

only horse,msmittens and the like seem to actually have a proper community spirit and to those i salute them.
    <insert sarcasm here>
    LMFAO you so funny..
    </end sarcasm here>

Every few months when the little boys and girls are on school holidays we seem to have a few filter there way here, and this is all they can come up with. Now that's funny.

Originally posted here by morganlefay
    Well I lived in Vancouver when I was much younger ..and in high school.....and magic mushrooms grew everywhere.......and my girlfriend ODed on them...not to the point of death...but man was she sick...both ends if you know what I mean

Personally.....they were my fav drug of choice back then..........and free...they grew in our yard
    You sure needed to know what you were picking though

MLF

Not making light of it MLF,(seen worse with Airplane model glue) besides most people I know who live in BC are high on the air period....lol...but hey those shrooms are all over PEI as well..and yep, pick the wrong type and you could do worse then OD...too bad fiddleheads didn't have the same effect eh!....

Edit: where else can we go to shoot the shite, Cosmos is too deep for most, Addicts is for those who feel special, so that leaves GCC, for now...
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Mmmmmmmm... fiddleheads and butter... *drool*..

Oops.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Actually shooms don't grow wild on people's lawns, parks, etc...anymore in Van...haven't for years...you might get the odd one cropping up...
    more than 20 years ago when I lived there in 82 they were spraying everything to kill them...because people were complaining about people trespassing onto their property to collect them....in 87 when I lived there you couldn't find a shroom.

So my buddy tells me he saw God on shrooms.... and the shrooms came out of a cow's butt....so am I to believe that God is in a cow's butt? Someone please clarify.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Originally posted here by KorpDeath
    So my buddy tells me he saw God on shrooms.... and the shrooms came out of a cow's butt....so am I to believe that God is in a cow's butt? Someone please clarify.
    Hmmm weelllll the cow is considered "sacred" in India...lol
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

AO's Mr Grumpy
    Originally posted here by KorpDeath
    Should'nt you have posted this in the new forum? "General **** Chat"
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)