Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to the good ole days at AO?

What happened to the good ole days at AO?

I mean AO totally SUCKS now.
    I look at all the new johnny come latelys that have 11 dots beside thier name!
    People who don't know jack didly about computers much less SECURITY!
    All because
    WHAT A JOKE THIS PLACE HAS BECOME!.
    JUPITER MED SUCKS!.

The first thing they do when they bought this place is get rid of IRC!
    Then they give themselves like a little badge instead of point lights like JP had.
    JP was a nut ninja anal assassin but at least he kept the IRC server up.
    AND TO TOP IT OFF THEY HAVE spyder32 as a MODERATER!!
    He had an account banned a few years ago because he was in an antipoint cabel with remote access,antihaxor and korpdeath! The only account still active is korpdeath. Maybe korp knows a little so I don't have a problem with him(except for his alliance and cabel crap!)
    But spyder32 should be banned.
    HE CLAIMED THAT HIS FATHER WAS KILLED in the 9-11 ATTACK!!!
    I forget what bogus account he had but I remember his claim well.

I remember when it was Terr, Ennis and Negative that had 4 dots
    Victorkaum had 3
    everybody else had 1 or 2.
    Now I see a bunch of PUNKS that don't KNOW JACK with "SENIOR MEMBER" and 11 dots beside thier names. Some of them with 4 0r 5 THOUSAND posts!
    Most of them in cosmos or general chit chat.
    Buncha one line post whores.
    This post will not be visible long.
    Some little script kiddie with 11 dots will neg it once and this acount will be banned!
    This is a kamikaze post!
    BRING BACK JP!
    BRING BACK TERR!
    BRING BACK ENNIS!
    BRING BACK VICTORKAUM!
    BRING BACK ANTIHAXOR!
    BRING BACK REMOTE ACCESS!
    BRING BACK NOBLE HAMLET!
    BUT MOST OF ALL
    BRING BACK THE IRC CHANNEL!
    BRING BACK THE IRC CHANNEL!

Is this what you were looking for...? IRC
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Thanks dalek,
    However what is needed ia an official AO channel
    With a link on AO's main page and a java app for the script kiddies who can't IRC.
    We used to have fun man!

It's been so long that I forget all the peeps that used to hang out there.
    But we had fun.

So why make an account and complain? How about contributing instead... that would help to "turn things around" huh?

Anyway, I've been around a lot longer than most of the names you listed there (except JP). Pay no attention to the date below my name, it is wrong.

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Now I see a bunch of PUNKS that don't KNOW JACK with "SENIOR MEMBER" and 11 dots beside thier names. Some of them with 4 0r 5 THOUSAND posts!
    Most of them in cosmos or general chit chat.
    Buncha one line post whores.
    Damn straight! Bloody one-liner post whores!

First things first, I was never in a "cabel" (I think you mean cabal, but I won't get nitpicky). I've always been on one side, mine.

Second, you have the option to NOT post anymore at AO and I, for one, would live a long and happy life if you never did.

Third, I really can't believe I'm responding to this at all, except that I've always had a soft spot in my heart for you Terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Your insight and utter detachment from reality is always humorous, if not sublime.

peace unto you.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

WOW this post hasn't been closed yet...............someone is geting a bit slow around here.........

AND TO TOP IT OFF THEY HAVE spyder32 as a MODERATER!!
    I am still laughing at this!

It's hard to sum up what has gone wrong with AO..............there is no one thing.......people just move on after a while I suppose....... for me and a few others it was a few over zealous moderators.............but most come back eventually or at least pop in to keep tabs on what is happening, i know I do occasionaly!

Hey Korp,

Don't think this is Terr ( unless you were being facetious )...obviously an old-timer ( state the obvious )...with a latent love/hate desire/relationship with/for Spyder32.

Sorry Terrr, if I know you I'm just messing around...

Haha. Noble Hamlet. Wow. I think the number of people who miss Noble Hamlet can be counted on one hand.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

and probably still have four fingers left over debwalin

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.