Thread: Read all about my Fed Ex problem

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

Read all about my Fed Ex problem

Ok I bought something from www.woot.com never had any issues with them before. Well I bought a 40 dollar Tv Tuner Card, Woot didnt give me the option of getting insurance or signature confirmation or anything. They just shipped it. Well they sent me a tracking number and I tracked it. Fed Ex said they "delivered" it yesterday (sept 26th) but since it didnt require a signature the fed ex guy just dropped it at my door and left. I wasnt home but when I got home it wasnt there I assume its been stolen. I called Fed Ex and they BS'ed me about how they cant do anything. I sent an email to Woot but I bet they wont do anything because they prolly think im scamming them trying to get a 2nd Tv Tuner Card. so anyway am I just screwed? advice? thanks alot
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

This happened to me w/ UPS about a month ago. Basically you have to call “sender” who has to file “claim” w/ the delivery company. When I complained, my “sender” sent me another one of what I ordered. I guess I was lucky.

The best advice I can give you is (I don’t know what kinda person you are), that if you exhaust all the “proper” channels go and get into someone’s face. It takes balls and skill, you have to be polite but a mean as hell @ the same time.

Good luck!
    /dev/humor: not found

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    If you charged the item on a charge card, call the credit card company and refuse the charge. Explain what happenned, they'll lean on the shipper.

4dc
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

I'm having the exact same problem, although it's from Stethoscope.com. Just ordered a seth. and a blood pressure cuff, quite a bit of money...nowhere to be found although the claim is that it was delivered. ugh!
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic

You have protection from your credit card company/bank if you used a credit/debit card. If you paid by money order or check, etc., There isnt much you can do.

If you didn't receive the service/merchandise you were charged for you can do a "charge back". The credit card company will credit your account and "fight" the merchant for the money.

woot has two options. grant your request with the new merchandise, eat the 40+shipping and keep their customer because they want future business, or deny your request, still eat the 40+shipping (they'll get charged from visa) and possibly loose a customer's future business.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Ok I got a message back from Woot... they orginally said they were gonna contact their supplier and send me another one so I was happy. Well today they got back to me and said their supplier is fresh out but they are refunding my money. I guess I will go elsewhere for a good Tv Tuner card. any suggestions? btw, I appreciate the help!
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Hindsight is 20-20

didnt give me the option of getting insurance or signature confirmation or anything
    DEMAND reciepted delivery..that is the goods have to be signed for or at the least the courier company NEEDS to contact the reciever to arrange delivery.

Cheap Delivery options means cheap protection...
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

I talked to the Woot People and they said they only require signature confirmation on stuff over 180 dollars? does that seem weird? btw, They are totally out of the item I want but I am now getting my money back so I guess all is good.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted